Successful MXM GPU Upgraded Laptops

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by sicily428, May 21, 2017.

1. Tobias1245

Tobias1245 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    No. How sould i do that.

2. SMGJohn

SMGJohn Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Hold shift and click restart on Windows 8.1/10 then when the menu appears you want to select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings and when it reboots and asks you for an option, select F7 and you have disabled driver enforcement totalitarianism.

3. Tobias1245

Reputations:
    It is crazy the notebook can´t find the graka. I have restarted the system several times. What is the problem?

4. Sanilinas

Sanilinas Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    i was unsuccesfull to modify driver for now too.
    i have forced installing unmodified nvidia driver, but only driver, no additional software to it.
    1.extract your driver package.
    device manager/ display adaptors/ [your display adapter] / right click, update driver/ drowse my computer for driver software / let me pick from list..../ have disk/ locate driver software folder, choose any inf file in a row till you find your adapter listed(every ini file is manufacture specific and has its own hardware listed,),
    3.choose suitable to you and install driver.

p.s. no geforce experience, 3d or nview programs will be installed, just driver.
    p.s.2. no driver signature enforcement needs to be disabled.

5. Sanilinas

Sanilinas Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Have you any previous nvidia or other video drivers installed?
    I had similar problem when upgraded gpu. There were no adaoters in device manager... After few restarts i found that i had video drivers for k3000m installed. After uninstalling "standart microsoft video adapter" was visible in device manager.

6. Tobias1245

Reputations:
    Yes, i was successful. I can install the driver from nvidia. the driver signature check had disable.
    The vbios is a geat problem Filename 188251.rom. The bios is the best for the maschine. I think that the bios is not perfect for my notebook.
    The coumputer does not always recognize the vbios. So can not work the graka. Next problem is the direkt x version. I have not version 11 and 12. The passmark bench make the test 9 and 10. The test 11 and 12 are running the cpu gpu Intel 4600 HD. Thank to all for the tip with the driver signature.
    The good news for me is, the graka is ok.

7. Tobias1245

Reputations:
    Other bios don't work at all.

8. Tobias1245

Reputations:
    The following works sometimes.
    HP Zbook G1 with Nvidia M4000M
    Bios Filename 188251.rom from techpower.
    Install Nvidia driver 441.66 with mod.

All Direkt X Version works in the passmark test. 20 min Furemark test. the graka temp was max 73 grad.

Now is the problem. When i start the pc first to the day. Is the Graka installed. Reboot the pc is the graka not view. Is the pc in the low enegeniring mode and i wake up the pc. Is the graka in Maschinemanager from Windows visible and the system will reboot to install the driver. But even then the graka cannot be used.

Has anywere a idea what is the problem with reboot?

3. GPU-Z.gif 20min Furmark Test.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2020
  9. sicily428

sicily428 Donuts!! :)

Reputations:
    please try to create a dedicate thread for that upgrade ( in this same section of the forum) so I can add it to the list in the OP. thanks :)

10. Tobias1245

Reputations:
    Can you tell me how to do this.