Successful MXM GPU Upgraded Laptops

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by sicily428, May 21, 2017.

1. bitsnpcs

bitsnpcs Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    ok so I did not want to upload anything until completely tested, the first tests on heaven bench were very encouraging and the score for superposition was 11000+ which is also a very good score.

After testing Battlefield 1 I found regular freezes which ultimately caused white screen of death and would have to cold restart to get the laptop back on, all temps checked and never above 77 degrees so seemed very odd, got back in touch with WOODZSTOCK and he says there are known issues with battlefield and non standard GPUs

So I decide to test with fortnite and the same thing happened. so off again

ultimately the very next power on of my system caused a bang and flash which frightened me to death, not the surprise more the fear of what damage has been caused, thankfully the burn out is on the GPU so I am speaking to WOODZSTOCK for a return as it must have been faulty to blow, thankfully it did not take any other parts with it, no damage to main mobo so at least I can keep using my laptop for now

I will keep you informed

sicily428 likes this.
  2. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Wait.
    Why were you given a EUROCOM (not european) Eurofry GTX 1070?
    Those cards are Gecube rebadged 1070s which are well known to blow their VRM's.

a MSI card couldn't fit in your system? Even a Clevo card (MSI makes the clevo cards FYI).

bennyg likes this.
  3. Josue626

Josue626 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello guys, I know this does not have much to do with this post, but it is one of the only ones where I can answer.
    Is there some way to put a Quadro 3000m of an Hp 8760w in a Clevo P150em?
    Sorry for bothering.

4. bennyg

bennyg Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    No. Clevo chassis need a specific thermal probe reading that would be missing from a HP card. Laptop would beep and shut itself down regardless of whether the card 'worked'

5. sicily428

sicily428 Donuts!! :)

Reputations:
  6. DynamiteZerg

DynamiteZerg Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    M6800 (LVDS) with P5000. Screen capture added below.

I can also confirm the P5000 works with the LVDS version of the M6800 but needs Optimus on. If the P5000 comes with a vBIOS that puts the system into boot loops or throws ACPI_BIOS_ERROR on trying a new Win7/8/10 installation, a vBIOS flash is required.

Fear not, this vBIOS flash can be done on the M6800 using Linux without having to remove the card or use another laptop/system! I just did it over the weekend and successfully flashed to a later vBIOS that works with the M6800.

Check out the full details and more pictures in the link below:
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/graphics-card-upgrade-for-m6800.806352/page-17#post-10748094

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018 at 9:06 PM
    sicily428 likes this.
  7. sicily428

sicily428 Donuts!! :)

Reputations:
    thanks for these infos :)