[SUCCESSFUL] Alienware 18 + MSI GTX 1070 MXM

Discussion in 'Alienware 18 and M18x' started by DaMafiaGamer, Jun 18, 2018.

1. Alan123

Alan123 Newbie

Reputations:
    great thread.
    DaMafiaGamer I'm news here and I would like to ask you few questions in regards to doing the same to my laptop could you please PM me as I cant do it.
    I have a Alienware 18 (2015) I7-4940mx & GTX 980M (x2) SLI. but I susperct im having GPU issues as the laoptop keeps hibernating soon as the laptop starts to do demanding tasks, like games or 4K videos or even instaling a program. I have tried disabeling all the sleep and hibernation but it still precists.

2. Zero 1

Zero 1 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    this sounds like battery issues go into event viewer and if it says machine has entered sleep and under neath it says cause ... battery

3. Zero 1

Zero 1 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    my ranger sometimes does this . and i know its battery is crap lol

4. Alan123

Alan123 Newbie

Reputations:
    Sorry for the late reply guys but i fixed it after a clean instal it works perfect and it seems to be a corrupt driver or windows update but I havent managed to find out exactly which but is one of the optional windows updates because it happened again when when i updated and needed to clean instal fora second time no now I dont download anything thats is not necessery from windows as it seems to corrupt