[SUCCESS] P377SM-A 4K Display Upgrade

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by DARCODER, Jan 7, 2016.

1. DARCODER

DARCODER Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    from which schematic you definite Pin25 ? i would like to know so i can disconnect it to stay at 3.3v without converter :)

2. DARCODER

DARCODER Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    What process you would like to have in video?
    -i have in my playlist how to switch display in this laptop. then you will just need to mod the cable and a bit the barbone of lcd to be able to fix lcd.
    -Modding the cable is easy, if you buy the right edp w230ss wqhd cable, then you will just have to unpin and plug them like in my 4k schema. Then from aarpcard removing the pin25 to be good.
    -Modding the lcd barbone is about removing a metalic frame, isolating metal contact with display and antenna, creating and fixing display support in top of metalic frame to fix display, and some little dremel play.

3. aarpcard

aarpcard Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Pin 25 on the motherboard connector.

If you look at the below schematic Pin 25 on the motherboard is the PLVDD_Sel signal. Highlighted in green, is where I connected it to 5V, which is enough to trigger it. (Of course you will have to leave that pin floating, not grounded in the actual cable.)

[​IMG]

DARCODER likes this.
  4. DARCODER

DARCODER Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Thanks. will try it as soon :)

5. aarpcard

aarpcard Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Let me know if it works. I only did the mod and measured it with a multimeter to confirm 3.3v - didn't work with my screen, but I'm assuming it was due to the other issues with my cable.

@clevo-extreme Thanks so much! I just ordered a QHD w230ss epd cable from Clevo Extreme.

TomJGX and clevo-extreme like this.
  6. DARCODER

DARCODER Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    not working. i remove pin 25 and let it disconnected from anything. screen stayed black but it was powering 3.26v

7. DARCODER

DARCODER Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    is there a plvdd in lvds connector where to connect this pin 25? didnt find it..

8. aarpcard

aarpcard Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I connected pin 25 on the edp connector to the 5VS rail, by way of pins 1, 2, or 3, on Q6.

[​IMG]

9. DARCODER

DARCODER Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    So i have to connect from this q6 to edp connector right. Will take a try like on your picture

Edit: not working, screen stay black.
    I think the easiest way is to connect power and ground from lvds. but last time when i try it, idk why even lvds output 5v with a mod cable. Only with my original lvds i could output from lvds 3.3v. I dont have it anymore, i used some pin from it. if you still have the lvds, take a try from it also.

To be sure it wasn't working, i always tried the monitor running at 5v to be sure cable wasn't wrong.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
  10. aarpcard

aarpcard Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Hmm very interesting. I'm going to try running my screen today at 5V and see if it works. (I still suspect its some other issue with my cable.) But if it works, then that would be very interesting.

What voltage are you using to run the screen at with your variable regulator? 3.3V? Why would one source at 3.3V work and the other not work?