Studio 15 Owner's Thread

Discussion in 'Dell' started by KingRaptor, Aug 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djwatermelon

djwatermelon Newbie

Reputations:
    Anyone know where to go to adjust how high the temperature can go before it's recognized as overheating and shuts down? I've looked in the BIOS but couldn't find it.

2. sean_nj

sean_nj Notebook Guru

Reputations:

I use the free 3 month OEM Norton Internet Security 2009.

Sean

3. Gazza_DJ

Gazza_DJ Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Windows firewall is fine tbh, and I dont run an active AntiVirus - havent had a virus on any of my systems for about 2 - 3 years.

4. dell studio fan

dell studio fan Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Edge-to-Edge display coming to Studio 15

Does anybody have more information on the refresh of the Studio 15 coming up. Check out this link for a Special edition of the Studio 15 - Black Vapor with Red Trim and edge-to-edge display.

It does not give much options for configuration though. I wonder if these will be available soon.

http://configure.us.dell.com/dellst...=CJ&cid=27811&lid=981910&acd=10648342-340761-

5. Jason Novak

Jason Novak Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I wonder what the black vapor laptop is about ... the t5800 is the highest CPU you can configure, and it uses x3100 graphics which means it's based on a 1535, not the newer 1537.

6. dell studio fan

dell studio fan Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    When pictures of Studio 15 leaked, the edge-to-edge screen was announced and it was mentioned that it will be made available soon after release. "Soon" does not always mean soon with Dell. I have learnt that from experience.
    So I believe that the edge-to-edge, now that it has appeared on one model, will soon be made available. Again, soon! but how long?
    Would have been so much simpler if they start offering it on all the Studio 15 models instead of hiding it under some obscure link. I got to find out by looking for coupons. So here's a lead for those who are interested.

7. tommy122

tommy122 Newbie

Reputations:
    I have a 1535 that I got in November. I have been very satisfied with it so far. Every now and then I will lose my wifi connection. I know that I'm getting a strong signal (5 bars). If I restart my PC, it will reconnect fine. Has anyone else experienced this?

8. xxbadboys93

xxbadboys93 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    yes, i have just uninstall fully the wifi drivers then reinstall.
    Post back if it helped.
    If worse comes to worse, reinstall vista.

9. Terrigno

Terrigno Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Owned my Studio since November also and have no problems but 1. The Speaker icon on the panel stays lit on the "volume higher" part during some reboots and doesnt go off until I reboot the system again. No biggie though.

10. Gazza_DJ

Gazza_DJ Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Well, that was a bit of a 'oh ' moment - just updated the BIOS to the latest revision, and during the flashing process the system locked up completely and the fan was going full blast for about 5 minutes!

it was fine though, sorted itself out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.