Strange hardware issue with my CF-52 - Wireless present but not working?

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by headagainstwall, May 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. headagainstwall

headagainstwall Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Its a CF-52CCABVBE

2. Silver Trooper

Silver Trooper Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I have noticed several things about your model. Assuming your model number is correct (is that what it shows in the BIOS?), it will not configure properly in the TB configurator, there is no V or E to choose from at those positions. By any chance, is this a European model? When you go to Programs>Panasonic, does the program show to turn on/off the Bluetooth and the WIFI? You said you know this unit has a special BIOS that hides the WIFI, how do you know?

3. XjoeX

XjoeX Newbie

Reputations:
    Alright, I want in on this.

We've had this problem for a while where I work. I'm just now getting around to looking in to it. The reports I have received for this issue so far:
    1. Wireless will only work if the laptop is booted with the wireless switch turned on
    2. Turning the wireless switch on (if booted with it off) will not enable the adapter immediately. After about 30 minutes, it will enable. The LED by the switch is flashing continuously before it finally enables.
    3. The wireless adapter will enable and disable correctly via switch when the laptop is booted with the switch on.

As of right now, I am in posession of a BIOS update that was in testing (I don't think it has been released) to address an issue where the media card readers were not recognizing sd cards over 2gb. I'm going to tinker around with a few things, then try flashing the bios.

The model I'm currently looking at is a cf52-ccamebm. I'm going to try and gather some info on the other models, and what they're doing. I'll keep you posted.

4. ToughNut

ToughNut Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Those who responded previously are much better at this than I am but let's see if this will help. [ok... I know it isn't PCI-E but just possibly same issues]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.