Stock Intel miniPCI Ethernet card, $2 shipped

Discussion in 'ToughBook Buy Sell and Trade Forum' started by gravitar, Aug 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. capt.dogfish

capt.dogfish The Curmudgeon

Reputations:
    No it isn't.
    CAP

2. gravitar

gravitar Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    unfortunately no.. unless a good hardware tech takes a look at the miniPCI adapters that are common in CF27s and figures out why they seem only to work with aztech modem cards!

3. michaeldcoates

michaeldcoates Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I presume aztec modem cards are merely 56k dial up? ah well, thanks for replying!

I picked up a usb to lan adapter for dirt cheap yesterday, even though usb1.1 is only 12mbps, i've been told i can achieve download speeds of over 1meg/second (if the transfer rate allows of course) which seems pretty good to me.

4. kuerious

kuerious Newbie

Reputations:
  5. Doobi

Doobi ToughBook DeityInTraining

Reputations:
    Oops. It looks as if we left a few of Gravitar's BST posts up inadvertently. Kuerious, Gravitar passed away a little while ago. These items are no longer available. We do apologize for the mistake and will remove his posts here ASAP. I hope you understand.

6. Toughbook

Toughbook Drop and Give Me 20!

Reputations:
    Thanks for that Paul... I don't know how I missed this one... I thought I had them all closed...
    Oh... And the card Kevin had was NOT the card you are looking for. The one in your picture is the IBM type dual LAN/Modem card. The one Kevin had was just a NIC card. Toughbooks had on LAN card and one Modem card. The IBM type integrates both into one card.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.