Stingy Parents

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by FamilyGuy08, Jul 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KGann

KGann NBR Themesong Writer

Reputations:
    +1 to the guy who said go in halvsies.

2. FamilyGuy08

FamilyGuy08 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Well im paying my college tuition on my own so i figured they would help out where they can(i.e. buying the laptop), but no, now i have to fork out more money from the little i have saved up from working to pay for something they can easily afford. Its annoying

3. Dariel3012

Dariel3012 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Do your parents know you want a better machine cause if the video card?

If i were you i would go into this scenario..

Tell your parents : ''Hey before you buy me a new laptop i'm going to get a job to get more money so i can buy a better laptop with a video card''

Put it on there conscious why you have to get a job and that your getting one. This may make them feel guilty and spend the extra money or do nothing at all , but then again what have you got to lose.

4. Late666

Late666 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    "but mom, this one has DDR3 and a montevina core! Anybody who's anybody has montevina!"

5. FamilyGuy08

Reputations:
    lmao! But seriously tho, i have been working and the money I've saved up I was hoping to hold on to for a while. Just as a warning everyone, the day my cheap ass laptop explodes and destroys all my data is a day no one on the planet can be saved from my wrath.

6. Late666

Late666 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Well, why not warn them of the dangers of exploading cheap laptops?

7. FamilyGuy08

Reputations:
    Thats the thing, my parents think that nothing bad could possibly happen to them. They act as if they are immune to the laws of nature.

8. FamilyGuy08

Reputations:
    Knowing them, they'll probably blame me when the laptop does explode for not taking good enough care of it. I just hope im there to put out the fire.

9. Dariel3012

Dariel3012 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I assume they arn't computer smart, take them to best buy and let the salesmen ''sell'' the laptop you want to them. He'll persuade them enough

10. Riverpeth

Riverpeth Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    ouch man, lol, my dad is just like that, he doesnt understand why I can't just get a $600 laptop for university, he actually hates pretty much all technology except for GPS and TV. Is one of your parents less technologically ignorant? if so i would advise only taking that one parent to best buy, cause from experience, my dad just got more ticked off at the whole "Getting an expensive laptop" idea, and brought up what a waste of money it was every day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.