Steelseries Engine 3 (Laptop keyboard) and PrismSync not talking?

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Bobbert9, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Bobbert9

Bobbert9 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    My GT73VR has very minimal software installed but it does have Steelseries Engine 3 version 3.12.3. The keyboard lighting works fine. I have a Steelseries Rival 700 mouse on my desktop and I moved it to my laptop, and it works fine there. However the Steelseries app called PrismSync doesn't control the keyboard when I try to sync the two devices together. Or rather, it does change the keyboard to default 1 (red,green,blue zones) and nothing else. I can't get any other profiles to work on the keyboard until I turn off PrismSync. I know Steelseries software is total trash, but come on. It would be nice to have the two RGB devices synced up. Besides this is one less piece of software I have to run in the background on my Desktop.

2. Ivan994

Ivan994 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Bobbert9 likes this.
  3. Bobbert9

Reputations:
  4. Bobbert9

Reputations:
    Didn't work. It did work differently, tho. Now the mouse still changes to whatever effect I have set in PrismSync, but the laptop's keyboard changes into two zones: keys stay to whatever I currently have set as my config, but touchpad changes to solid red (like it did before when going to original default 1 -- red touchpad and 3 zone keys of red, green, blue.) So basically, yeah it's still not working. After that I upgraded steelseries to the latest drivers available and no change from the ones in the link. Oh well, it was a nice idea. Too bad MSI doesn't use Corsair keyboards or something with less issues than steelseries. I can make it work, just won't have the two devices' lighting working together.