Steam Games in Window mode

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by rexdp10, Sep 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rexdp10

rexdp10 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I bought the ID superpack over the weekend for $35. My question is that not all of the games have a window mode in the options...and even some that do won't actually start in it(Doom 3). Is there a preffered way or easy way to run the games windowed. I want to do this because I have a 22" @ 1680x1050 and these games don't support that resolution and I don't want it stretched so bad.

Thanks for the help.

-David

2. Thaenatos

Thaenatos Zero Cool

Reputations:
    have you tried changing the ratio and then setting the resolution? The box usually defaults to standard 4:3 ratio.

3. synic

synic Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    There should be a way to force windowed mode. Have you right clicked on the icon/shortcut, and put "-w" (without quotes) in the properties line for the game? I think it's -w. Try googling "whatever-game-you-want windowed mode option" (again, without quotes) and see what you get.