Steam account disabled? OMG

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by shinakuma9, Mar 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shinakuma9

shinakuma9 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Oh my god.

Yesterday I received some steam messages saying my account was being used on another computer. I thought it was some sort of server bug but just in case i changed my password and secret question.

Then today i tried to log into steam and it said my account is disabled?!?!

I'm trying to send them a support ticket and I can't log in to my account because it says it doesn't exist.

2. naticus

naticus Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    SOmething similiar happened to me. They will fix it, and charge back any purchases to your account. It might take 2-3days.

3. shinakuma9

Reputations:
    Never mind the support ticket account is separate from steam accounts LOL I didn't realize that.
    Sent them a ticket with proof of my CD-keys. I only have TF2 and Black ops on that account any way. This is practically the only reason I would avoid using steam to buy games because of stuff like this. If someone hacks into your account you're screwed and your entire account is gone. Retail is better as long as the games aren't tied to steam like COD.

4. StormEffect

StormEffect Lazer. *pew pew*

Reputations:
    Just be patient, once you send in your support request, don't send anything else. If you send another message, you're support request will be put in the back of the line.

They will return your account to you. The only thing you have to worry about is being VAC banned on TF2 or something, which could happen if someone hacked your account and then played TF2 with hacks turned on.

5. shinakuma9

Reputations:
    I don't know. I looked at my profile via the steam website. I haven't played TF2 since November and Black Ops since last week. Everything seems intact. No added hours on either of the games and no recent activity either.

6. Bearclaw

Bearclaw Steaming

Reputations:
    What have you done for the past few days on Steam?

7. shinakuma9

Reputations:
    Nothing lol. I just have it on for the sake of talking to people who are in game and that's it. The only two games I have on my account are TF2 and BO as i mentioned, both of which I haven't played in a while.

8. bks1987

bks1987 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Did you click on any weird link from your friend list? Did you go to any weird websites (other than games) and got a keylogger? Are you sharing your account with your family member?

9. shinakuma9

Reputations:
    No, no and no lol. Which is why its weird. I haven't gone to any suspicious websites, no keyloggers or viruses that i know of. My system is clean and I'm the only one that uses my steam account. None of my friends know my password. I guess it could just be a random occurrence where my account got hijacked =/ Don't know how though.

10. Dead2th3world

Dead2th3world Pure Hatred

Reputations:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.