Starcraft II Tips

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by Duster73, Jul 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Random1337

Random1337 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  2. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    So how do I grab it? I only see links to individuals and teams, no specific replays.

3. Random1337

Random1337 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Right below the Facebook and Twitter icons, there is a link to replays.

4. Triple_Dude

Triple_Dude Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    If you're going "mass" any gas heavy unit as zerg, you need a third base. No ifs, buts, ands, ors. You need a third base. That, or you need to balance your army out with a decent amount of lings and whatever gas unit you're going to go for--although I have to say, Hydras aren't something normal Zergs would mass unless you're getting air-harassed a lot or if your opponent is a Protoss that went mass Stalkers.

But since you're zerg, you really shouldn't sit around amassing units (unless you've scouted your opponent and noticed that they're well-turtled in and are teching/massing). Use zerg's mobility to hit them where they're weak! Muta harass their mineral lines, use zerglings to get map control and deny potential expo's, etc.

5. battlecat

battlecat Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Good job mate, is that a school sponsored event or...?

I'm still having trouble assigning control groups to attack units and using them... I feel like it's holding me back from putting sentries in my blink stalker army :(

Anyway, what do you guys think will be in the zerg expansion? New units for each race? How many new units?

6. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    Haven't played in a while. Decided to pop in for a 1v1. Here's a perfect example of a failed cannon rush. lol. Marines ftw! And no I'm not drunk. I just guzzled a glass of wine before I played, hence my remark. For once I didn't freak out, and actually was persistent and it was clear the opponent (a) used up most of his initial game resources on cannons, (b) didn't set up ANY defenses, (c) didn't expand nearly quickly enough for Protoss, and (d) didn't push forward once I was down with very few SCV's. If he had pushed with a small army once I killed his probe, I would have most likely lost for certain right there. Had zero resources. Thank god for that mule.

Steppes of War.SC2Replay

Nevermind my extracurriculars at the end. Was just scoping out the map for fun.

7. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    Can anyone recommend a decent 1v1 replay that lasts maybe 10-20 minutes with lots of action going on? I'm trying to do a benchmark on my netbook to see if the overclock has any significant improvement with SC2 or not. Thanks.

8. Baka

Baka (・ω・)

Reputations:
    oGs.TheStC v oGs.Cool :D It's an old replay which probably ogs.cool renamed to fruitdealer now though

9. farful

farful Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Shirts are meant to be worn on the body. Not over the head.

10. Baka

Baka (・ω・)

Reputations:
    huh? Wha? o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.