Starcraft II Tips

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by Duster73, Jul 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. battlecat

battlecat Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Great tips Reizo, thanks!

I love playing protoss and getting robotics bay instead of stargate... any tips on what situations I should get 2 robo bays?

Also, should High Templar be saved for people with more micro skill? Does Feedback do nothing against Zerg?

Does Ghost EMP do anything against Zerg either?

2. Histidine

Histidine Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    EMP his queens. Do this a couple minutes before attacking, and do it multiple times, so he can neither spread creep nor spawn larvae, and will fall way behind in production.

Feedback also works on queens, but also useful against corrupters and overseers (and infesters if you can find one). Perhaps less useful than EMP just by virtue of ghosts being able to cloak, but still not totally useless.

3. s0ysauce45

s0ysauce45 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Eh, I'd say a long game is 30 minutes, for 1v1.

4. Baka

Baka (・ω・)

Reputations:
    Well get 2 robo bays if you plan on getting a lot of those robotic units and can afford to produce out of them (At least 2 bases). They're quite gas heavy so you'll probably need to sneak in a third expo and mine the gas first before slowly saturating the minerals.

High Templars doesn't exactly need a lot of micro. They're as simple as keeping behind your army or in the middle, storm the opponent as you see them moving towards you (Storm in front of them and one behind them in case they run away).

Feedback is useful on zerg too. Use it their overseers. Those tend to have full energy as most people use them for detectors only. They cost 100 gas so 50 energy is simply worth it. Use them on infestors when you see them too.

Ghost EMP isn't as useful on zerg as they are on protoss. However, as Histidine mentioned, EMPing a queen will cause them to slow down on their unit production. I do personally prefer to just snipe the queens by cloaking and shooting them down though. They'll have to waste 150 minerals and have no queen to inject larva for the time it takes to train a new one which is pretty much longer than it takes for one that got EMP'd to recover 25 energy. Ghost EMP is very useful on infestors though. Especially if you have thors or battlecruisers, zerg players tend to get infestors for the neural parasite.

Oh, if you only see a single infestor, just cloak and snipe it twice. It'll die and you save some energy. Snipe is quite underused o_O

5. Histidine

Histidine Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    So after losing the majority of a string of games, (partly due to playing while drunk and trying to mothership rush 3 games in a row) and then winning 3 in a row against vastly lower-level teams, I have been randomly promoted to diamond in 2v2 random.

It's almost as if Bnet thinks I'm good at this game.

6. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    EMP works on queens? It works on organic units?

7. ViciousXUSMC

ViciousXUSMC Master Viking NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    Anything with energy

Its most deadly vs protoss since the shields they have are also energy, but any unit that has castable abilities that consume an energy pool can be effected by it.

8. Necromas

Necromas Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Even command centers. They can't scan your ghost if you EMP the orbital commands' energy.

9. Hnim

Hnim Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Diamond YUSSS.

10. IntenseIGFX

IntenseIGFX Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    As I've stated in older posts, SC2 is my first RTS and I'll say that I blow @ it. I've got thick skin, so it doesn't bother me that I'm mostly losing; its all part of the learning experience. I have a friend who's pretty decent and he and I like to do 2v2 together. The only viable strat that I've been able to use to do well in 2v2 with him is a 3x or 4x rax marine rush. I don't even go for gas until I'm attacking my enemy. I play Terran and he plays Protos. What are some good strats that he and I can use? He always does 4 warpgate stalker pushes with a few sentries mixed in. He brings out colossus in the late game. Any advice?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.