Starcraft 2 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by insanechinaman, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. insanechinaman

insanechinaman Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I don't think I've seen one, so I'm gonna start one!
    I just tried out the beta today, and I'd have to say, the game runs pretty smooth, except the scrolling, which sucks. I can't really say much against it though, 'cause it's just an early stage beta. I'm sure it'll get fixed.

I honestly thought they should've kept the old voices for the units, they were more... I dunno, I guess they stuck to me more than the new voices (especially Protoss voices, which sound waayyyy too distant and godly(?)).

Unit control is a bit funky for now, sometimes the units will wander off a bit, but it's nothing big.

Seems like they sped the mining up. I know I've VERY rusty at SC after years of not playing, so maybe it's just me being slow and not building enough units :p

The music is great, no disappointments there.

Overall, the beta's very solid. Some units still need to be nerfed imo (VOID RAYS HOLY CRAP!), but it'll all sort out soon :)

Soooo, let the discussing begin :D

2. Baka

Baka (・ω・)

Reputations:
    I'm jealous you got the beta T_T No word here but then again I'm in Europe... The beta's for US and some other places isn't it?

Seems like the Zerg are getting a huge buff as opposed to the protoss and terran. Did they replaced the firebats entirely with those helions or something?

3. Hirohata

Hirohata GBF Danchou

Reputations:
    I want as much info about the Swarm!

I've only seen the battle reports, so there might be some differences now. Haven't seen any Medics either. Are Changelings available? Still don't know how they work...

4. insanechinaman

Reputations:
    The Swarm...
    Roaches.
    That's all I'll say. Roaches.

And yes, Hellions pretty much replaced bats. They pretty much do the same thing as bats though, just machines now. They're also quite the suck against buildings and units that are not clumped together (like Firebats). They eat melee units though.

Void Rays (new Protoss air unit) eat buildings. And that's an understatement.

5. Baka

Baka (・ω・)

Reputations:
    Lol roaches heal very fast o_O Refineries/extractors/assimilators costs gas after the first one now eh =0

6. Hirohata

Hirohata GBF Danchou

Reputations:
    Void Rays = Beam Cannons (C&C3) IMO :D
    Nydus Worms. How do they work? Are they like Dropships/Shuttles? Or still like Nydus Canals, except no need for Creep? Ultralisks can burrow now, right?

7. _bare

_bare Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Im jealous that you are in Beta; although isnt SC2 supposed to be out Q2 this year? Or is that too optimistic?

8. Baka

Baka (・ω・)

Reputations:
    They said that it's expected to be out by summer this year iirc

My guess is about August/September

9. insanechinaman

Reputations:
    Not for me... I don't think they cost gas... I'd have to double check

Edit: No they don't cost gas after the first one...

I don't have a clue :p
    I haven't used Zerg all that much yet, I'll get back to you on that

Edit: I just tried them out. They're still like Nydus Canals, but no need for creep now. Ultralisks can burrow, and they're much bigger than I thought they'd be... Nydus Worms are quite the surprise! They build fast, so just send a few mutalisks to scout out the area, build Nydus Worm, send in Roaches and stuff. Instant econ hit.

It's supposed to be released sometime in June? But Blizzard lives in a completely different dimension from us, so their June may be our December :p

10. cathy

cathy Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I don't know why, but I'm just itching to try out the Terran Banshees. Must be because of how the Scorpion Gunships from Avatar resemble them so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.