Star Wars Battlefront II

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by Atma, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Atma

Atma Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I was really looking forward to this game and playing it, even after all the hoopla about crates. This morning I started see reports, and even a video, of the game limiting time you could play and the number of points you could receive from the arcade. That was the last straw for me. EA has made it more difficult to get a refund. You have to either call or live chat. I waited for 25 minutes in chat to talk with someone (which I thought might take even longer) and it took probably another 15 or 20 minutes to finally get the refund. Disappointing to have to refund it.

At one point, the service person said, "We apologize for the high wait time. We’ve been receiving heavy influx due to some new releases." Gee, I wonder which new release? :D

hmscott likes this.
  2. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    And it looks like you were spot on. They also reduced rewards.

I guess this is the post about he refers about in his video:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBa...ork_in_electronic_media_pr_ill_tell_you_what/

Good read.

hmscott, HTWingNut and Atma like this.
  3. Lunatics

Lunatics Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I think EA posted something about all the "fans" or consumers just being "arm chair developers" and how they don't need to do what those people want, something along those lines and it was like one of the most down voted reddit posts ever. After that something made the front page where one of those "arm chair devs" went and created a program/bot to idle in SWBF2 since all the rewards are time based not performance based so people could just idle in game and collect as many currency as possible. Probably why they added something to limit how much time someone can spend in the game, and then went and lowered the costs of heroes by like 70%.

I was not aware that heroes would require 40 hours of play time just to purchase 1. I was under the impression you used your currency to buy crates and those would have whatever items in it you could get, I thought the crates would just be cards for weapon upgrades etc but I guess that's where a big issue was? IDK. Still slowly making my way through my 10 hours but I am not planning on buying the game any time soon.

hmscott and Atma like this.
  4. killkenny1

Reputations:
    It was this guy - Mat Everett. He deleted the tweet, but it has been archived, so it can still be found:
    http://archive.is/DenaU

Atma and hmscott like this.
  5. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Moo

Reputations:
    I think everyone should buy the game then go for a refund. I think that would send a stronger message than not buying at all. And create more havoc for them.

6. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    If you're going to do that, wait a couple days/weeks until the launch fervor dies down so you're not waiting online or on the phone until the refund window passes.

7. killkenny1

Reputations:
    Didn't they hide the refund button?

8. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Moo

Reputations:
    You have to call or get online chat to request refund, or work with your CC company to decline the charge.

9. Atma

Atma Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Not only did they hide it, my order page said it was not eligible for a refund when I met every condition there was to get a refund. Maybe they hope people will give up at that point.

10. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Moo

Reputations:
    That's underhanded and needs to be reported too. I'm no lawyer but if that's part of the purchase agreement then that's fraud. I really hope EA gets hit hard for these underhanded practices. I was considering buying the game eventually but won't touch it now.

Edit: Here's one way to get your refund apparently: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBa..._you_are_unable_to_find_the_refund_button_on/

Atma likes this.