Star Wars Battlefront II

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by Atma, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Raidriar

Raidriar ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Reputations:
    Considered buying it today but then I remembered how battlefront 1 is riddled with cheaters and has zero support from EA so I will not be paying for BF2 any time soon.

killkenny1, Atma and hmscott like this.
  2. Atma

Atma Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I considered it for that price and remembered they said loot crates will be back in the future. So nope.

killkenny1 and hmscott like this.
  3. mtness

mtness loitering

Reputations:
    im actually boycotting EA completely, they have been to unethical for my liking, the chance to miss out on a great game doesn't worry me as much as their shifty actions.

killkenny1, hmscott and Atma like this.
  4. Geforce2go

Geforce2go Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Well, I caved in and bought SWBF2 Deluxe Edition for £27.99 in the Publisher Sale. I'm sure when EA add back loot crates it will probably be purely cosmetic items. Anyway even if it isn't, luckily I have something called free will.

Atma and hmscott like this.
  5. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Before: Freewill
    After: Freewill minus £27.99 ;)

Prototime, killkenny1, mtness and 2 others like this.
  6. JCordero31

JCordero31 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    This patch destroyed what was a very balanced game. melee is the most messed up.

hmscott and Atma like this.
  7. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    ESRB Defeats Loot Boxes? Uh, Well... - Game News

ESRB's Shameful "Answer" To The Loot Box Battlefront 2 Mess...

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
    Atma and killkenny1 like this.
  8. Geforce2go

Reputations:
    I don't see what the problem is with a label. It's then down to the parent's discretion and responsiblity if they want to buy their kids games with in-game purchases and if you're old enough to buy your games It's down to your own choice. To say it's under age gambling like some people are claiming is ridiculous imo. Gambling could only be claimed if it was like a slot machine that mostly leaves you with no rewards and less money.

... and as long as It's mainly for cosmetic items and isn't tied to progression it shouldn't be an issue at all even if the items are generated randomly as you would be receiving something.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
  9. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    Because this label applies to 99% of the games. You have wonderful expansions a la The Witcher 3 - you get the label. You sell OST for the game - you get the label. You are the reason of all this crap aka SWBFII - you get the label.
    So in the end this changes nothing and this label is useless.
    However I'm not surprised this was the "best" ESRB could come up with. No way EA and the likes will go against themselves...

mtness and hmscott like this.
  10. Geforce2go

Reputations:
    Making games is becoming much more expensive for studios, so how else do they increase profit. Their options are pretty limited if they release expansions for free they have to find it from some where else and if It's purely cosmetic I don't see a problem.

In regard to SWBFII, the initial lootbox fiasco could have been handled better by EA I admit but the gaming community reaction has been way overblown considering at launch progression was still possible without spending any money at all and there are many other games that use this in-game purchase model, so why all the furore now? I'm sure the DICE studio have been affected by this fiasco due to the loss of sales even though they have made a pretty solid game. The reaction seems disproportionate and unfair when in-game purchases were purely optional.