Star Wars Battlefront II

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by Atma, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Atma

Atma Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
  2. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    Lootboxes, yay!!!

TBoneSan and Atma like this.
  3. Atma

Atma Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
  4. killkenny1

Reputations:
    Arrrrbol and Atma like this.
  5. mtness

mtness loitering

Reputations:
    i unfortunately have to agree with killkenny1 on this one, i didn't buy mordor: shadow or war and i wont be buying battlefront 2 because of the loot box system, i watched some of the early access streamers over at twitch yesterday and a number of them were already talking about how op some of the box cards are.
    to start off with i was super excited that a company is finally releasing new maps/classes etc for free, but then they showed the loot box system and it turned me away.

i don't have any issue with loot boxes, i get it, companies want more money.....sure go for it, but why not do it like path of exile or even overwatch, i have no doubt people would spend a tonne of money on loot boxes for cosmetic loot.....what does this do, it keeps the game a level playing field, it keeps the game fresh and it even shows the consumer a small amount of respect....oh you just dropped $90 on our game, well good news is to compete with the rest you dont need to drop another $90.

Atma likes this.
  6. Lunatics

Lunatics Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I am probably going to buy it and it upsets me that I am because I have talked trash about this game for the past year or 2 or whatever its been since the "first" battlefront game. I thought it would be trash again, but playing the beta and looking at changes, it looks like they really tried to bring it back to the older original SWBF2 style and gameplay. Then again I look back and I enjoyed BF1 when it was in beta too and by the time the game came out I didn't put more than 10 hours into it.

I saw people streaming it yesterday so I bought Origin Access for a month. I figured 5 bucks to have access to any EA game that might be worth playing for a month, plus trials of other games was worth it as much as I hate EA. Going to enjoy this 10 "free" hours of the game and see how much I enjoy it and if it actually holds my interest after the first 10 hours but I have a bad feeling I will end up buying it.

Atma likes this.
  7. Atma

Atma Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    That is appropriate for Star Wars.

[​IMG]

Prototime and mtness like this.
  8. mtness

mtness loitering

Reputations:
    this is the problem isn't it, from my side i really want to play the title, it looks fun as anything, but im going to be stubborn and refrain, the greed of EA and the "p2w" model of loot creates just don't do it for me, i think we as the consumer need to start to say "no" to the direction games are taking in order to "cash" in at our expense.

Atma likes this.
  9. Charles P. Jefferies

Charles P. Jefferies TG Lead Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    I played the hell out of this in 2005.

Oh wait..

Charles

TBoneSan, killkenny1 and Atma like this.
  10. killkenny1

Reputations:
    You can still play it though.
    As far as I know the servers are up and running again!

Charles P. Jefferies likes this.