SSD Upgrade

Discussion in 'Solid State Drives (SSDs) and Flash Storage' started by Vincent6201, Sep 7, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Vincent6201

Vincent6201 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello ,

I have an MSI GE 62 2QF 294XFR . Due to slow execution ( slow start for about everything) i would like to change my configuration . I would like to add an SSD but i am confused with all the possibilities.

First of all , which SSD should and can i add ? between the 2,5 inch SSD , the M2 SSD (2280 2260 etc) i am lost. If i add an SSD will it come in complement to the existing HDD( 1to) or will it have to replace it ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated .

Thank you , BR

2. HappyFriday

HappyFriday Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey, you can google your computer brand and type to find which SSD is suitable.
    " If i add an SSD will it come in complement to the existing HDD( 1to) or will it have to replace it ? " That depends on what you will do next.
    If your computer has two disk bay, keep both of them installed. Then you can migrate OS drive only to SSD or do a clean install on SSD.
    If your computer has only one disk bay, you may need to replace existing HDD with SSD. There are many tutorials on how to clone HDD to SSD on the website. My suggestion is AOMEI Backupper Pro.
    Regards.

3. Celestial Crystal

Celestial Crystal Newbie

Reputations:
    Actually, there is no need to apply professional version, AOMEI Backuuper Standard is good enough to clone HDD to SSD.

4. Jarhead

Jarhead Perfectly Sane

Reputations:
    Your laptop almost certainly has a 2.5" HDD bay in it, so that form factor of SSD is certainly an option.

As for the OS and software, personally I'd rather just do a clean install than to clone drives. Just my two cents though.

5. ellalan

ellalan Notebook Deity

Reputations: