1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

SRS Technology sound - default settings anywhere?

Discussion in 'Alienware 13 and M11x' started by frescagod, Feb 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frescagod

frescagod Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    with SRS enabled, the bass is cranked up so high by default that it causes distortion out of my speakers. if i lower it, i'll check it again a few hours later and something (probably another program) has caused it to revert back to the original settings. bass at 70%, etc.

any ideas on how to make a change to this setting and make it stick?

Attached Files:

• SRS.jpg
      SRS.jpg
      File size:
      58 KB
      Views:
  2. tonkatrain

tonkatrain Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Bump

I would also love to found out how to change this. I hate having to change all the settings every time i plug in my headset because it sets the crossover too high.

3. frescagod

frescagod Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    i know, right? this is really bugging me. i'm guessing there's a little registry fix. also, there's a little check box that you can uncheck that says "let other programs take control of SRS" or something to that effect. i may uncheck it, open a bunch of different programs and games, then come back and check the SRS settings again.

in related news, i have been regularly changing the settings for the past couple days, and just the other day, my computer just froze while watching a random youtube video (480p). the sound did that frozen/loop thing, the screen froze, and the only thing i could do was a hard reset (holding the power button).

i have since left the SRS settings alone and haven't had this problem again in the past ~48 hours.

4. Nomgle

Nomgle Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    You've just taught me something about my M11X - I had no idea that SRS control panel existed :D

There's also an interesting looking "Loudness Equalization" option on the "Enhancements" tab...

5. MasivB

MasivB Guest

Reputations:
    Yes. Try configuring the SRS sound through the REALTEK HD AUDIO MANAGER (there is an SRS tab in the panel) That should make it perm

6. kent1146

kent1146 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I see that you're going to Windows --> Sound properties.

The only other program that I can think of that would affect that setting would be the RealTek audio control panel. Try going into there (you can find it in your Start Menu --> Programs) and seeing if changing settings there has any more permanent effect.