Spilled lot of water on laptop... wont turn on... PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by matrix231, Aug 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matrix231

matrix231 Newbie

Reputations:
    Yes! I did as you told me to, I removed the battery pack and powered it using the cord... I was able to start it up and access my desktop! However there seem to be some glitches. Some of the icons won't stop blinking/flashing, and when I click the start icon some invisible hand seems to be pressing "ddddddddddddd" into the search field. Also some of the normal functions don't seem to be working properly, like dragging and dropping objects into folders.

Does this also mean I will no longer be able to use the laptop with only the battery pack?

Could this mean the water isn't completely dried or it has done some permanent damage to my laptop?

2. TabbedOut

TabbedOut Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    It could be either. Luckily it sounds like the motherboard, screen, RAM, HDD (I'm not sure how long I would trust it though) made it through alright. The ddddd may be that the keyboard is still wet. You dumped so much water that it might have gotten past the water resistant part. Unfortunately being water resistant it may prevent water from leaving too easily too. If you are comfortable you can try removing the keyboard and leaving it someplace warm. I have gone as far as putting mine in the oven @ 150F to get it to dry all the way out. I am not advocating that you do this, or that it is without risk, but it might speed up the process a bit.

3. Don Quixote

Don Quixote Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    The last time I spilled water on my laptop, it damaged the keyboard only. If you thoroughly dried the computer inside, try connecting an external keyboard and see if it works.

4. matrix231

matrix231 Newbie

Reputations:
    OK as far as I can tell the laptop is fine and back to normal, except many of the keys still feel sticky, even though all I poured on it was water. I can't type as fast as I used to. What can I do?

5. XxLblinkxX

XxLblinkxX Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    <object width='560' height='340'><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CjP6qp70NS0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CjP6qp70NS0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width='560' height='340'></embed></object>​

Maybe that can help? Look in Youtube for some Tips :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2015
  6. adnaanusa

adnaanusa Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Time for a new one, friend,;) water inside the machine while on (2Lit, r u kidding me):eek: . how many months did u use it? if u heard that someone was able to get the MOBO changed and it stopped due to water spill then u can give it a shot and gamble if u r lucky u need not pay or spend 70 USD and get it repaired for free, instead of straight away goin for 700 USD for a new one. what was ur model?before u get to the ppl make sure u dry it off completely. all the best

7. John Ratsey

John Ratsey Moderately inquisitive Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Maybe there is still some residual moisture in the keyboard. If it doesn't improve with use then a replacement keyboard shouldn't be too hard to find. it's a lot less expensive than a replacement computer.

John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.