Speaker Upgrade For '04 Jeep Liberty?

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by hizzaah, Dec 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Micaiah

Micaiah Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Absolutely. If the speakers are not proven to be faulty, an amplifier that cannot provide enough continuous power to your speakers will begin producing intermodulation or harmonic distortion, since when you're increasing the volume, the amplifier has to increase the frequency to make the input signal become "louder". If you haven't already, turn down/off any bass boost or any other bass amplification features of the head unit and see if sound improves at the level when you noticed distortion.

2. hizzaah

hizzaah Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I'll be have to try that out. I'm only getting to test it when she'snot home and it's her car so it isn't easy lol.

Maybe I'll throw in that 4 channel I posted earlier and see what happens...?

3. hizzaah

hizzaah Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I did install the 4 speakers. They sound better than what was in there originally, but they can either play loud or have bass. Not both together. I'm hoping the 4 channel amp will solve that problem. I also acquired a MTX Thunder 502 amp to power the Polk, but I don't know if I'm going to install that right away, but I'd like to lay the ground work incase I do decide to run it..

I still need a few parts for the install, so I thought I'd check to see if any of you guys had some of the stuff laying around that you would sell to me.

What I still need
    - 2 (preferred) or 4 gauge power cable
    - speaker wire (50 ft to be safe)
    - 4 channel RCA cable- crimp on connectors (at least 8x speaker connectors, 8x tube crimps, ringed ends, etc)
    - power distribution block
    - 3 in line fuses and holders (100 amp, 60 amp, 30 amp)
    - 12" sub box

Think my fuse sizes are correct? MTX uses 2x 30amp fuses and the Diesel uses 1x 30 amp (I think).

I have 8 gauge OFC Kicker power/ground lines, but I didn't think that would be enough to power both. Am I wrong?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.