1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Sound Blaster 3Di--Headphone volume

Discussion in 'Alienware 17 and M17x' started by alim459, Oct 3, 2012.

1. alim459

alim459 Newbie

Reputations:
    I recently purchased an m17x R4, and it's been working beautifully.

Does anyone know if there's a way to "preset" the headphone volume, and keep this separate from the speaker volume?

Right now when I set the speakers at a comfortable volume and plug my headphones in, the volume emitting from the headphones is super loud.

Thanks!

2. radji

radji Sanity = √-x

Reputations:
    I'm not sure how it is with the R3/R4 Recon3D Sound Blaster, but I have the Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro in my desktop and in the SB control panel, it has an option under headphones tab that allows the system to lower the volume custom level when it detects the headphones are plugged in. Again, it could be different with the Recon3D.

3. alim459

alim459 Newbie

Reputations:
    Darn, no such option on the 3Di unfortunately.... Unless I'm blind...

Thanks anyway though!

4. radji

radji Sanity = √-x

Reputations:
    Yup. I looked at the Sound Blaster support page for the Recon3d control panel (it was the desktop version, though). It didn't make any mention of the headphone volume level at all. Lo siento.

Creative Worldwide Support