Sony X Series Official Owners Thread

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony Owners' Lounge Forum' started by dimension6, Oct 23, 2009.

1. mmmsheen

mmmsheen Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I'm going to reply on the P-owners thread, to keep this thread relevant. I'm also going to remove references to P-drivers here -let's relocate this discussion cowboy. I'm about to post a 3rd and 4th P driver over there.

Meanwhile... here are screenshots of my passmark benches

Using stock 8...2030 driver: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/32136358/passmark official.png
    Using mmmsheen v_10: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/32136358/passmark v_10.png

I even ran more after these results and the 2d spread between the "official" driver and the EMGD driver gets larger. Latest 2d score was 130! Seems like 3d runs poorly on both.

2. ComputerCowboy

ComputerCowboy Sony Fanboy

Reputations:
    ^ sure that is fine with me

3. 50sQuiff

50sQuiff Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    mmmsheen, can you adjust the brightness in Power Management even though the hotkeys are broken? I'm away from my X at the moment but I'm looking forward to trying your latest driver when I get back on Sunday.

4. mmmsheen

mmmsheen Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Yep, in both power management and the emgdconfig tool in the "utilities" folder that comes packaged with the driver.

5. Rush74

Rush74 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey guys,I am new to this site. Just wondering if anyone could help me? January last year i bought this rare beauty (vaio x. vpcx113kg) from japan. Everything was working fine untill few weeks ago it started to to play up. Now a days I am dealing with constant BSOD, and keeps freezing everytime I pick it up of the table.I have done various scans from AVG to vaio diagnostics which had performed hardware scans and software's. The other thing which I have done,is checked for driver updates using windows 7. I am not sure what to do.I rang sony and they advised me to send it to a sony authorized repairer which will cost 160 AUD just to look at it. Please help.

Kind regards

Rush

6. laser21

laser21 Notebook Consultant NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    just restore it to factory settings. Before that, backup all your stuff to an external HDD.

7. Rush74

Rush74 Newbie

Reputations:
    Laser21. I will give it a shot. Thanks. BTW could a cheap mini wifi modem I bought from a phone company be the cause to freezing my X ?

8. laser21

laser21 Notebook Consultant NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
  9. Rush74

Rush74 Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks mate. I shall to that tonight.

10. kyo86sg

kyo86sg Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Good Job, I have also created a Gaming Driver using IEGD 10.4 for Win XP
    By using this modified driver on the Sony Vaio X, you will be able to run the games like Running Red Alert 1, Worms World Party and GTA 2 at native resolution (1366x768 pixels) + gain hardware accleration on VC1, H264 without cyberlink programme.

Link to download: http://www.mediafire.com/?tuag3348dtss310