Sony Vgn-Ar270p HELP!!! Please!

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by ConceptRage, Nov 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ConceptRage

ConceptRage Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    My dad bought a Vgn-Ar270p about 3 years ago. It cost us about 2600$ back then. It had just come out with one of the first Blu-ray read and write drives. 3 Years later in 2010 i think its broken. From what i see im thinking its a graphics card failure but then again im a computer noob. So can anyone tell me if there is a fix to this?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

<param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QLwwMfDkOkA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QLwwMfDkOkA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width='640' height="385"></embed></object>

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2015
  2. beaups

beaups New Jack Hustler

Reputations:
    Looks like you are right. Is this one of the models affected by the nvidia failures? See the sticky thread at the top of the forum

3. beaups

beaups New Jack Hustler

Reputations:
  4. ConceptRage

ConceptRage Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I dont know how to express how thankful i am to you. Its been 2 of the most depressing days for my dad. And it got sorted out thanks to the site you gave me and the phone number on it. My dad bought it 3 years ago when we weren't in the best position per say for 3500$ and he believed this laptop would survive him until his "death" (thats how he put it) And it broke his heart when a 3500$ laptop just failed on him. Its not a good day for anyone when something that expensive breaks i mean its like a gold ring disappearing. But anyway THANK YOU SO BLEEPING MUCH! :) I called and sony told me a technician would come over and pick up the machine and replace the graphics card for free. (4-7 business days) This really made his day :) He also thanks the random dude that posted the sony site. THANKS A MILLION!

5. beaups

beaups New Jack Hustler

Reputations:
    ^Glad it all worked out for you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.