Sony Vaio Z2 (2011) Advanced Menu BIOS Hack

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by pyr0, Jan 27, 2012.

1. ProxiStyx

ProxiStyx Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks for your help. I had a little hope, but it did not work. I'm not really sure if the settings can't be overwritten or if I just don't get into BIOS...

So, sadly it's not working for me, after choosing "Disable internal graphic card".

But one thing is odd. After a while I hear a plop sound and the laptop turns off. I have to press a few times the on/off-button without batterie or flex to turn it on again (I would guess its a wrongly loaded input capacitor)

2. gyhor

gyhor Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    hmm...i had the same problem and i got it working. You have to try it multiple times, because sometimes it does not start the bios configuration!
    Turn the computer off, than turn it on and start immediately pressing F2 multiple times like for 30 seconds.

3. gyhor

gyhor Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  4. ProxiStyx

ProxiStyx Newbie

Reputations:
    Well, sry that it took me so long to answer but I wanted to figure out some things.

I think this option was at Advanced -> PCI Express Configuration but I'm not sure. sry for the confusion but I'm using a VPCSA not the Z2 and I have an HD 6630M inside but I still hope somebody might help me here

I tried often to reset bios configuration blindly but still without any luck.

After some research I found a site which sells the mainboard for ~100 seems acceptable but the question which bothers me there is if my primary amd graphic card might got broken during the process. If I start the laptop I just have 30 seconds, after the 30 secs I hear a plop-sound (I'd say from the speekers) and the laptop turns it self off.

Is it cause of the misconfiguration or might the graphic card really got damaged through this option?? Maybe I resetted the settings already but the gfx card is broken, what do u think?

btw there is a switch on the mainboard but I have no idea what it is for...

5. NeilPeart

NeilPeart Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello,
    I recently acquired an SA model VPCSA4MFY and found that the SATAIII is disabled and not available as an option. I found the hacked BIOS thread but the file was pulled due to negligent users not following instructions. Is there an alternate location to download the file? Thanks for the help and apologies for the off-topic remark.

Regards,
    Leo

6. Jhurtas

Jhurtas Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi guys,

maybe you can help me with a well known "user-ignored-all-warnings-problem". I have to fix a bricked Sony VAIO (VPCSB1Z9E). The VAIO seems to be bricked after upgrading the latest stock bios to "Vaio_VPCSA_R1031H4_AdvMenuUlk_ByCamiloml_SATA 3" and playing around by disabling internal graphic adapter. However, happens - my fault. At an rate, i backuped a bios dump.

As i see, user kruegsch already had a similar problem in the past and got it fixed by an expert. So i searched on google, to find a kind of professional or repair center in germany to reprogram my bricked bios, but every repaircenter i asked for, told me that reprogramming is not possible (also a bios chip swap could not be done).

I won't believe this statements (of selfstyled professionals) and want to ask YOU guys for a recommendation where i can get that bios/notebook fixed.

@ user kruegsch: Who's that guy, fixed your notebook? Is it possible to get in touch with that guy?

The second solution seems, to swap the notebooks mainboard - but first of all i'm looking for a cheaper solution. I'm pretty sure to find some help by asking you guys :)

Thanks in advance - Jhurtas

7. pyr0

pyr0 100% laptop dynamite

Reputations:
    ^Where are you located?

8. Jhurtas

Jhurtas Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi pyr0 :) First - thanks for your reply...

...i'm located in the rhein-main-area :)

9. pyr0

pyr0 100% laptop dynamite

Reputations:
    Please turn on your private messaging or get in touch with me.

10. Jhurtas

Jhurtas Newbie

Reputations:

<strike>...alright...private messaging seems to be turned on.
    </strike>
    ...i cannot get in touch with you :-( Also enabling PM is not activated until not posting at least 5 quality posts to the board...anyway - feel free to contact me via my temporary email-adress.

Thanks in advance - Jhurtas

testotesto78 likes this.