Sony Vaio Z vs Samsung Series 9 NP900X4D (Current/Previous Owners Appreciated)

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by nobodyshero, Jan 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nobodyshero

nobodyshero Notebook Speculator

Reputations:
    Hi all!

I'm basically in a dead heat over these two laptops. I'm coming from an Asus Zenbook and I loved it but been there done that and want to change it up, and t I know it's a great alternative to these two, but if anyone did come from a Zenbook to any of these other models then your help will be appreciated.

I have the following concerns but feel free to make suggestions beyond my concerns if you guys are owners, and just a heads up I know one is 15' and one is 13.1' but it doesn't make much of a difference to me...

1) I've heard the Vaio keyboard is pretty meh, and I've heard the screen is inferior to many recent models coming out (I.E. the Series 9 which I hear has a better screen). Basically keyboard and screen thoughts?

2) How is the build quality feel on either? I'm prepared to feel letdown after coming from an early model all aluminum Zenbook that might incredible compared to the plastic feeling carbon fiber or the flex'ish magnesium alloy of the Series 9.

3) Since I'm willing to blow money is 512GB RAID 0 SSD upgrade from 128 or 256GB really that noticeable in terms of speed or is that only felt for when you do intensive things to really stretch it?

These are my three major concerns but other general comparison or specific thoughts are welcome on the two models. Thanks in advance and will +rep to all I can!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.