Sony Vaio Z i5/i7 (VPCZ1) Official Owners Thread Part 2

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony Owners' Lounge Forum' started by Digitalfiend, Aug 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acinr

acinr Newbie

Reputations:
    Thank you for your answer. It`s all OK. I had no battery inserted in my laptop. The MC7304 works very well.

2. guho

guho Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Just upgraded wifi on my z11 i5 to a broadcom 94360 ac card. Azurewave AW-CB160H Broadcom BCM94360HMB 1300Mbps. Super nice upgrade from the Intel 6300n! I already had a 3rd antenna. That is why I chose this wlan card. The antenna connectors are different mhf4 vs. u.fl, but my card came with 3 adapter cables.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

3. laaannger

laaannger Newbie

Reputations:
    Ryan or any other Z1 owner,

Have any of you been able to convert that internal mPCI-e slot to a USB port? If so, can you point me the right direction for drivers or procedures?

I have acquired and installed the daughter cards that get me the mini PCI-e slot and respective mini PCI-e to USB card. On bootup, the Z1 tells me that there has been a hardware change, however, after booting to Win7 Pro, it does not prompt me for any driver installation or otherwise.

upload_2017-4-11_17-11-20.png

Additionally, everything in device manager is working fine (no exclamation marks).

My intention is to move my Logitech trackball dongle internal to the Z1 to free up my external USB port.

Thanks
    Lang

Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
  4. Paloseco

Paloseco Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I use a Express Card 34mm to get USB 3.0 search for my older posts.

Enviado desde mi E5823 mediante Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.