Sony Vaio SVP1321C5E: flickering screen on battery power after Windows 10 update

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by Troxelke, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Troxelke

Troxelke Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi, no also lost with this issue, done the same things as you indicate, drivers, bios, new battery, nothing helped. Now using the laptop with power supply or until it starts flickering ..

2. Lemitsos

Lemitsos Newbie

Reputations:
    Following up on this, I made sure that the flickering occurs in the BIOS as well so it is definitely not Windows (unless the installation of the OS messed up something). Booting in legacy mode from the BIOS does not solve the issue either. When the battery is low, the screen is pitch dark from the very beginning (VAIO logo) so definitely something to do with insufficient power going to the backlight LED when the battery is low before even the BIOS loads. I used a couple battery monitoring software and reports on battery from command prompt but everything seems normal. As the battery slowly goes down from full charge, flickering begins when operations using CPU are carried on so I think there is power conflict between screen and CPU. Below 80% it flickers continuously and below 60% it starts shutting off. At 50% the screen is totally dark but the graphics can be seen by shining an external light on the scree.
    Anyone has an idea?