Sony Vaio SA/SB/SC/SE Advanced Menu BIOS Hack

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by pyr0, Jan 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crotia

Crotia Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Do you think enabling SATA III is possible? Maybe by comparison to the R101 series BIOS and seeing what was changed?

Do you know if these BIOSes are good for the SA4?

2. m.susc

m.susc Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Many thanks for the previous answers kruegsch!

You mean this setting causes the FAN to overdo?? because in fact I have this one Disabled (I think it's by default as I don't recall changing it) and indeed my fan blows like crazy; it NEVER rests or even slow down...

3. kruegsch

kruegsch Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I mean the ME as it not the ME FW Image Re-Flash option.

4. Crotia

Crotia Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I talked to SONY recently and they told me that SATAIII was disabled due to stability/data integrity issues with their chipset - but apparently they're planning on re-enabling it when they fix the bug....I don't know if this is likely though

5. jbgenius

jbgenius Newbie

Reputations:
    I have flashed this advanced menu bios, and I found I lost bluetooth feature. Even I downgrade to official R2085H4 bios, the bluetooth still cannot work.

Is there anybody know how to figure it out?

6. m.susc

m.susc Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I can only tell you I've flashed this too and my blutooth works fine. I've lost my BD-ROM however, but it's unlikely that's due to this firmware. I think it just happens that the S model is crappier than it looked on paper... :(

7. euchrid_eucrow

euchrid_eucrow Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    You've probably already tried this but when i first got my SB i did a clean install updated the firmware and lost my bluetooth or so it seemed. It turned out that the "Vaio Smart Network" application got messed up somehow or maybe i didn't reinstall it after the clean install since it seemed unecessary to me at the time. In any case, i reinstalled it and was able to wake the adapter back up from it, which for some reason i wasn't able to do from the windows control panel.

Take a look at the "Vaio smart network" app if you haven't doen so already. In any case i wish you luck in figuring it out.

8. jbgenius

jbgenius Newbie

Reputations:
    Maybe our laptops are different model, mine is VPCSA390X. using Intel 6230 wifi/bluetooth adapter.

9. jbgenius

jbgenius Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks,
    How to do a clean update to official firmware? I checked VSN, no bluetooth option there. Even I cannot find bluetooth catalog in windows device manager.

10. m.susc

m.susc Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Our laptops are exactly the same model then. Mine's a CTO, so maybe some custom setting differs, but there wasn't much to customize in mine, other than hard drive and memory. Anyway, rest assured this firmware doesn't ruin "per se" the blutooth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.