Sony Vaio SA/SB/SC/SE Advanced Menu BIOS Hack

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by pyr0, Jan 28, 2012.

1. wdb203

wdb203 Newbie

Reputations:
    TNX !!!

2. Tajak

Tajak Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello, I would really love to modify my BIOS (the model of my laptop is: VPCSE1E1E with R2087H4 BIOS version) since it is pretty limited and I ask the old question - why the ****, Sony..? My goal is to actually make the "Wake-On-LAN" option get running... No success so far, there is no option in the actual BIOS, sadly... I set all the possible options in the Windows 7 and I can wake up the laptop with the Magic Packet but ONLY IN WHEN IN SLEEP MODE. I am not able to wake it up when it is shut down or hibernating...:-( Guys, anyone would be so awesome to re-share the hacked BIOS version so I can flash my actual one, please??? I am an advanced user and I take all the responsibility to myself. It is a hopeless situation for me...:-I Cheers and love.

3. oscar08850

oscar08850 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello I know this post is very old and i've seen that pir0 hasn't logged in since late 2014 but I was wondering in anybody here has a copy of the bios and could upload it. I've just upgrade my sony vaio vpcsb2s9e with a ssd and i would like to enable ACHI on my laptop in order to get full potential of it, and I was also thinking about trying to make a hackintosh but I need this option to try it.
    I guess if someone has this bios installed in their pc I could use a backup of the bios pc, am I right?

4. hugogvale

hugogvale Newbie

Reputations:
    hey guys, i have a vpcsc41fm and just saw that my ssd drive is not working correctly, it seems like sata lll is not working, should i download R1031H4 or is there a new driver/method?
    can you help @darxide_sorcerer ?

5. darxide_sorcerer

darxide_sorcerer Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    i am sorry @hugogvale; i haven't done any BIOS mod on my laptop, which is a SA, by the way. i don't think i can be of help. afaik, though, SONY hasn't released new BIOS for this generation of laptops in a long time.

6. Cimarien

Cimarien Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Today my old Vaio VPCZ1 get bricked because of my mistake.

I entered BIOS and change the IDE from RAID TO AHCI, it cannot boot, of course, but i cannot F2 to enter BIOS again to change it back.

Could anyone tell me how to enter BIOS again? Thanks.

7. tchintchan0101

tchintchan0101 Newbie

Reputations:
    thank's i'll try it