Sony Vaio SA/SB/SC/SE Advanced Menu BIOS Hack

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by pyr0, Jan 28, 2012.

1. p_depaperoni

p_depaperoni Newbie

Reputations:
    In wishing you a happy Christmas and New Year to all the forums, have to ask if anyone can help me to recover a modded bios for my sony vaio VPCSA2C5E with R2087H4. I recently upgraded the computer with an SSD drive samsung and I can not set properly AHCI as this setting is not present in the standard bios.
    I read that there is a bios modified with access to advanced settings and perhaps also supports SATA 3 , can you help ? thanks to all of Alessandro S.

2. Jaguar

Jaguar Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hello everyone, these modified bios versions would probably be just what I need.

My laptop is Svs13 for which I bought a new IPS lcd panel and 2ch cable for but unfortunately the panel does not display a picture, only backlight. I can control the backlight so that proves that it is communicating with my computer. Others have said they have a similar issue after flashing a newer bios.

I have the bios version R0142C5 and the panel identifies as "vaio_lcd". If I flash a newer panel R0143C5 the panel identifies as "digital flat panel 1024x640 60hz". So there is definetly something changing regarding the display. What I would like to do is find the original R0140C5 bios but no-one seems to have it. Another option would be to modify the existing bios. Would anyone be able to help?
    I would hate if the new panel goes to waste.

3. Jung Myung Kul

Jung Myung Kul Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello~
    I have vaio F serise(VPCF215FX).
    I want to advanced menu BIOS Hack.
    I have a BIOS back up file(R0200V3).
    Could you my bios Hack?

4. roxfear

roxfear Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi, I forget this cautions that you said becaouse I updated this BIOS years ago...recently after installing Windows 10 I wanted to force the use of a particular graphics card and that reason has left my sony vaio sa bricked state. . __ (It is possible to reset the BIOS to default settings and a switch that works by updating hardware or offline via USB ?. Thanks in advance.

Enviado desde mi Aquaris M5 mediante Tapatalk

5. nizax

nizax Newbie

Reputations:
    I just did the same thing... The computer is all dead. Tell me if you get it working again.
    Maybe try install a new motherboard? Anyone?

6. flipicaneze

flipicaneze Newbie

Reputations:
    I know this is an old message, but if you dare to take apart the laptop, there is a battery that can unplug from the motherboard. You will have to remove the motherboard as the battery is on the bottom. It might just reset all the bios settings to default if you disconnect the battery for 30 seconds to 30 minutes. Not sure if it will work on a laptop board like this did with desktop boards but it may be a worth a shot.

7. nizax

nizax Newbie

Reputations:
    Ill give it a go... Have already taken it apart to see the motherboard number to try to find a "new" one on the internet. Still no luck tho... will try the battery. Thx

8. flipicaneze

flipicaneze Newbie

Reputations:
    I wonder if anybody still has this bios update. I haven't had a problem with it and have bought another one almost just like it and would like to configure AHCI again. I simply followed the instructions of what NOT to do and it never got bricked

Did you try it out? Once you figure out how to disassemble the VPCSA/SB and SVS series it's actually quite easy.

9. udaybath1995

udaybath1995 Newbie

Reputations:
  10. udaybath1995

udaybath1995 Newbie

Reputations:
    PLEAS SOME ONE HELP ME