Sony Vaio SA/SB/SC/SE Advanced Menu BIOS Hack

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by pyr0, Jan 28, 2012.

1. adeministrator

adeministrator Newbie

Reputations:
    you must update bios to R2087H4 again. But it does not support SATA III. You and me need to hacked / modded version of R2087H4. It was here but pyr0 removed it for people who didn't read the instructions and brick the device.

Anyone got hacked version of R2087H4? Please upload!

2. mikealpha

mikealpha Newbie

Reputations:

That sucks :(

3. adeministrator

adeministrator Newbie

Reputations:
    Someone got the bios or modding guide?

4. m.susc

m.susc Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Just checking here by pure chance and I wonder what went so bad that pyr0 chose to pull out his magnificent work??? Oh sure, that must probably be too many people bricking their laptops and crying to him after rushing to the action without reading the proper warnings. Well guys, normal people just don't play with their BIOS. If you choose to do so, you're obviously some kind of geek (in what stage of evolution, only you know). And as an experimenter, your should accept the risks involved, the ultimate one being that you can brick your machine.

That said, I don't think cautious people should be denied the chance to test the unlocked BIOS because of a few rushers. In fact, I think everyone should be treated like adults and --proper warnings well exposed-- given the chance to take their own risks. So here I'm re-uploading a BIOS loader with many BIOS versions, both official and unlocked, for the VAIO S. Make sure to read the _READ-ME!!.txt first.

Remember, you are taking this from ME, so don't cry to pyr0 if anything goes wrong, but also don't cry to me. as I just lack the expertise to advise.

Credits: unlocked BIOS by pyr0 and Camilo, official BIOS by SONY.

Download Multi BIOS flasher

adeministrator likes this.
  5. adeministrator

adeministrator Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks, it works.

6. ram108

ram108 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi there! I have installed hacked BIOS but still can't get manual graphics switch (as it was on VAIO VPCZ).

What BIOS settings should be set to have MANUAL graphics switch (while booting PC)?

7. papke

papke Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello,

I need big help, i have sony vaio vpcsb1z9e laptop and bought new m500 crucial ssd. Wanted to intstal on it fresh win7 but when i put ssd and boot from cd new windows after few minutes it shows error that there is no hard drive, so as i understand mu bios do not recognizes ssd.. i am not very good at computers but i found that i need to turn on achi but in bios there is no such option...

please help me who can!!! thx

8. Sinjmirza

Sinjmirza Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi,

I know that this post was closed some time ago, but you appear to be someone who has the expertise required to possibly assist me with what has become a VERY annoying problem.

Some time ago I bought a Sony Vaio VPCSB1H7E laptop running Windows 7 off ebay. The laptop works perfectly, is extremely quick & had no issues. However, at some point I installed Vaio Care & Vaio Update & soon after I learnt that my laptop was not recognised by either utility.

Upon investigating further, I found that the Laptops model & serial number appear as 'RESERVED' in the BIOS, hence why neither
    of Sony's utilities were able to identify the laptop & thus download any drivers or updates.

Although I have got around this problem by simply downloading any drivers I need from Sony's website & using a program called
    UNIEXTRACT to unpack & install each item I need manually, I would really like to correct the BIOS entries to display the correct
    information in the BIOS, namely the laptop model & serial number instead of 'RESERVED.'

I have spent a considerable amount time trawling through countless websites to try to find a solution, hence why I came across
    your post, but I have not as yet been able to remedy this situation,.

I would therefore be very grateful if you could advise of any possible solution to this problem.
    Thanks very much...

9. diizzy

diizzy Newbie

Reputations:
    @ Sinjmirza

I've encountered the same issue/similar issue on my Toshiba laptop and the only thing solution I found was to do a fresh install of Windows. I have no idea what could've caused it unfortunately.

@ All

Since this doesn't seem obvious... Is there a way to disable the discrete graphics and only use the built-in Intel graphics?

As far as I can tell using the modded bios...

Advanced --> Video Configuration

Special Features (Enabled) --> Change to Disabled
    Primary display (SG) --> Change to IGFX

Internal Graphics Device --> Internal Graphics Device (Auto) --> Change to Enabled(?)

Is it safe to change IGD DVT Size to 256Mb instead of 128 MB?

Best regards,
    Daniel

10. dominum85

dominum85 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi. I'm looking for informations about R2087H4 modded bios! Where can i find it? Does it enables the SATA III bus?