Sony Vaio S Bios Mod For Gt640m Le

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by Amal77, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Pantsu

Pantsu Newbie

Reputations:
    If you have downloaded NVInspector 1.9.7.3 from Guru3D, the install folder should have a file called "nvidiaInspector.exe.config". Either delete it or rename it to whatever so NVInspector doesn't recognize it. I always prefer renaming files since you never know if you end up needing that file after all.

As far as I can tell it has something to do with .Net framework support, and specifically a W10 update to .Net that caused the mismatch between recognized .Net version and what the config file says is supported (v.4.0). Assumedly it should work as long as the version number matches, but NVInspector doesn't seem to actually need that file to function so you can delete it, or alternatively rename it to something else.

Hope it works for you! :)

Sensination likes this.
  2. Sensination

Sensination Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks mate!!! It works!!! It really fffing' works!!!

That's it guys! Pantsu found a solution! That concludes it for me. Windows 10 works on my SVS1511C5E as good as Windows 8.1 used to!!! It looks like it was worth waiting for W10 to get the fall update and Synaptics drivers fix :)

If anybody still has issues with getting Control Centre and function buttons to work give me a shout. Also if you want to fix any of the following W10 niggles, let me know:

1. Remove Intel context menu;
    2. Custom recycle bin icon not refreshing;
    3. Remove OneDrive from Explorer menus;
    4. Activate Windows Photo Viewer;
    5. Fix Windows 10 DPI (blurry menus); and
    6. Remove shortcut arrows.

Thanks for all your help everyone! This is truly amazing community for a great laptop!

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  3. pechorin

pechorin Newbie

Reputations:
    These are great news, the lack of overclocking is the reason i haven´t migrate to windows 10 yet. can anyone confirms that everything works fine and games have the same performance as before?
    i am afraid because my laptop originally came with windows 7 and non uefi BIOS, which i have switch to the overclocked version, i dont know how can this affect to migration and performance.
    thank you!

4. Sensination

Sensination Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Overclocking works for me like it used to on Windows 8.1 with same good performance. In addition my battery life improved slightly.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

5. Marcelo Leite

Marcelo Leite Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey guys.

after all these posts, i have 2 questions: is it possible to install windows 10 x64 with the oc bios?

is it possible to return to stock bios? (currently not playing any games)

6. Marcelo Leite

Reputations:
  7. Marcelo Leite

Reputations:
  8. Marcelo Leite

Reputations:
  9. pechorin

pechorin Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi,
    I finally decided to update to windows 10 and everything was great... except for the graphics, it is all a big mess.

I kept the mod bios at 935Mhz when i updated and now it seems not to work. the drivers are ok, i can choose to use the discrete graphic card but someway it is not working. benchamarks have ludicrously low scores (400 in the 3dmark) and other benchmarks (novabench) seems not recognise the card, with very low scores too.
    i have tried the nvidia inspector and it says 935Mhz as GPU and default clock, and memory at 1000Mhz, but it is unreal, everything seems fine in the computer, but it doesnt work at all.
    can you think of any solution for this? i am thinking about installing the windows 8 BIOS from the vaio support web, how risky is that? i get pretty scary, but soon it will be my only choice.

thanks, i hope this thread is still somewhat active

10. pechorin

pechorin Newbie

Reputations:
    I have finally update BIOS and frequency was restored to stock, now i can use only the nvidia inspector method and it works much better than before, but still far from the windows 7 performance.

my 3d mark 11 score is about 1700 and it was about 2500 with modded bios, have you tried? which is your score in windows 8/10??