Sony Vaio S Bios Mod For Gt640m Le

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by Amal77, Jul 14, 2012.

1. exProphecy

exProphecy Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I tried the nvidia inspector workaround on Windows 10 and it didn't work for me. Max I could achieve was about 700MHz. I went back to Windows 7 and works fine. I previously installed the Windows 7 BIOS mod. My only issue now is the GPU is being throttled more often now. I set my maximum processor state to 99% as previously mentioned.. any ideas?

2. Marcelo Leite

Marcelo Leite Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    does anyone installed windows 10 x64 over the svs15115 without problems?

3. Sensination

Sensination Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I've tried 5 times unfortunately had to go back to 8.1 due to several issues I was facing. First of all no matter which workaround I used I still had massive problems with touchpad. Sometimes it worked after resuming from sleep and sometimes it didn't work at all. Also it would randomly stop working even if I didn't put my laptop to sleep and the only way to make it work again was to restart my laptop. On top of that the overclocking didn't work for me at all. Also the boot up time was much longer than it used to be on 8.1 with culprit being the video drivers for Intel 4000. Again, I tried different drivers but none of them fixed the problem. The last straw was when I realised that I can't change the colour of the Explorer windows which is white as a default. I cannot understand such step back in terms of personalisation and it was really annoying me especially at night.

I hope that helps.

Marcelo Leite likes this.
  4. Persistent

Persistent Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Win 10 is apparently a disaster for our mods lol :)
    Glad I didnt make a mistake of downloading that buggy crap.

Sensination likes this.
  5. Marcelo Leite

Marcelo Leite Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    waiting for new drivers for windows 10.

thanks for the replies about win10 issues.;)

Sensination likes this.
  6. Sensination

Reputations:
    Hey guys. Just wanted to check if there's been any changes in regards to overclocking on Windows 10? I really wanted to give it another try but if the overclocking doesn't work than it's a no go for me :(

7. doresreturns

doresreturns Newbie

Reputations:
    May I ask anyway to bypass thermal throttle or what caused my GPU to throttle?
    I mean the GPU is a (little) beast but when it hit 70C or 95% load it throttle the core down to 1xx mhz which makes it unable to play any games.
    Using throttlestop to disable turbo boost helped me a on some games but still not enough.
    What I have played:
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series
    MGS Ground Zeroes
    COD AW
    Bioshock Infinite << It was so smooth on 1920x1080 with medium setting until the GPU hits 70ish

I even can't play Red Alert 3 without my AC on and a normal size fan.

I'm using S13P i7-3520M / 8GB / 1600x900 one
    overclocked to 850+900mhz if i'm not mistaken.

I love this laptop so much and I still don't want to replace it anytime soon.

8. DarkMaxoff

DarkMaxoff Newbie

Reputations:
    I have a sony svs1312s9rb how do I install this mod (version of my bios r0081c8), I now have stock frequencies, but I would like to 1000mhz core / 1000mhz memory, how to do it, and I have installed windows 10 x64, but if you will need can put windows 7 x64

9. Pantsu

Pantsu Newbie

Reputations:
    I struggled with getting my SVS15 back to my old 1000/950 setup today, and it seems the culprit was Nvidia Inspector that wasn't applying the forcepstate. Simply renaming/deleting the "nvidiaInspector.exe.config" file seems to fix this and the shortcut will let you oc beyond the +135 offset that's otherwise the limit.

Personally I only game with this laptop rarely when I'm on the go maybe once or twice a year so I've kept coming back to this thread so many times after something has borked my oc settings. :D In any case my SVS15 is still going strong with 1000/950 clocks with up to date W10 install and newest Nvidia drivers, so if you're having issues, there's probably a solution beyond just reverting to an older OS. I do still have the old bios mod from W7 days and it defaults the memory to 950 even though core doesn't budge without NVinspector.

Darkimmortal likes this.
  10. Sensination

Reputations:
    OMFG!!! This is incredible!!! I have just spent 5h today trying to make OC work on W10 and you're telling me that there is possibly a solution?

Could you please help me me and explain exactly what you mean by "renaming/deleting the nvidiainspector.exe.config file"? Is it just editing the path in the shortcut?

If this really works, I owe you a nice cold beer

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk