1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Sony Vaio S Bios Mod For Gt640m Le

Discussion in 'Sony' started by Amal77, Jul 14, 2012.

1. LuckTR

LuckTR Notebook Enthusiast

When I installed Windows 8 on my laptop I ended up flashing new W8 bios at the same time which was required for proper function of Vaio's care center...Now, it's not truly required to do so and should you have not flashed new Bios on your laptop then you are absolutely capable of running said 640m mods on your device. Refer to the initial set of posts for specific Bios versions required in to properly carry out the 640m mod. ALWAYS make sure that your BIOS ver. is listed within the mod thread.
    I'd still recommend to go the NVidiaInspector's way simply for the added control over the off session (gaming) GC clock settings.

2. alektoro

alektoro Notebook Consultant

Speaking of overclocking using NVidiaInspector, does it work on newer drivers? I am still using 327.23 from 2013.

3. LuckTR

LuckTR Notebook Enthusiast

Hey, mate. I am on 344.11 which is newer but not the latest. All works great. Definitely time to update for you ;).

4. cloud1250000

cloud1250000 Notebook Enthusiast

Aynone have the latest bios mod?

R0143C5 800/900 MOD

Thank you ;)

Edit.. There's no mp function here.. I'd like to contact Amal77 for fresh link T_T
    Or if anyone have those file.. Please, can you share it here.. :(

Sorry for my random post.. but do you still have the latest bios mod?

Thank you!

5. SirRobin

SirRobin Notebook Evangelist

Can you tell me what is the latest intel driver for hypbrid intel/nvidia i can install after a fresh windows 8.1 installation? the latest one gives me an error, can´t install it on a notebook with a special oem driver...

6. cloud1250000

7. macnolias

macnolias Newbie

I may be a bit slow but I did the nvid inspector since I'm running 8.1 and copy/paste the 950/1000 speeds. Clock does hit 950 but gpu clock stays at 500 and shows boost of 570. I went into the nvid control panel and adjusted it for maximum performance and not sure what I'm missing at this point?

Should I avoid the overclock settings in the inspector?

Many thanks

8. faesabe

faesabe Newbie

hi i was using one of your mods for quite a long time de 1000hz core 1000hz mem but i recently format my pc and i erase the mod , i try the msi afterburner and tne nvidia inspector but i cant get the same results i was wondering where i can get this mod of yours ,cause the files are no longer aviable on rapidshare thnks

9. Amal77

Amal77 Notebook Deity

lewdvig likes this.
  10. cloud1250000

YES!!! FINALLY THANK YOU :) Do you have an email adresse for a little donation?? :DD

11. Amal77

Amal77 Notebook Deity

No need for that. :)

Just MAKE SURE it is compatible with your laptop.

lewdvig likes this.
  12. cloud1250000

Yes no worries, I'm following you since the first month with my windows 7 sony vaio s. THIS BIOS IS ONLY FOR THE OLD MODELE THAT CAME WITH WINDOWS 7!!!

Since I've upgraded to windows 8, I was worried it would not work as it should but I'm pretty sure it's still good.

13. Nemessis

Nemessis Notebook Guru

Hoping someone can help me out. In looking through this thread it seems the BIOS mod will NOT work with Windows 8, but NV Inspector OC WILL work? Considering picking up a second hand S15, just cant seem to find similar performance profiles and size on newer models

14. Jaguar

Jaguar Notebook Consultant

I just cannot get the bios R0143C5 to work. It will always use ~20% cpu - the reason is ACPI.sys. Whatever I do with the sony applications, drivers and reinstalls the cpu usage stays.
    Is no-one else having this problem?

Also, would be great if someone could upload the R0140C5 bios for me to test.

15. cloud1250000

Well, for me, it seems the gpu can't go higher then 570mhz.. even if I flashed the custom bios... Unfortunately, Amal77 doesn't have this laptop anymore so he can't help us :p

16. Amal77

Amal77 Notebook Deity

Have you tried the "Priority to ventilation" and "Prefer maximum performance" steps?

17. ali-h2010

ali-h2010 Newbie

hello Amal
    i have sony notebook model SVS15116GAB
    my bios version is R0142C5

the bios version is diffrent by one number .
    does that mean my notebook is not applicable for the OC?
    also i format my laptop from time to time between windows 7 and 8 so will this reset the OC?

Thanks