Sony Vaio Duo 13 Owners Thread

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony Owners' Lounge Forum' started by CoolHotCold, May 8, 2013.

1. stitch-up

stitch-up Newbie

Reputations:
    Things aren't going so smoothly for me!!

I'm informed the download has been finished and a window opened stating 'Preparing for installation' and there it stays for 8 hours. I have to 'hard' switch off and the download process starts over!

I believe there have been more than 5 attempts, none have succeeded!

Any suggestions please :)

2. ozdemirhan

ozdemirhan Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi, I have an interesting problem.
    My sony vaio duo 13 doesnot charge.
    When I turn off and do a battery reset by the little hole, it goes back to charging again...
    If the computer goes to sleep this happens, if not, you can put the charger back and it will charge normally.
    It is running win 8.1 with all updates...
    BIOS is also updated to latest version.
    I did a complete factory reset from win 8, etc, nothing changed.
    Any suggestions? Its almost useless like this. It's still 100% functional, the battery works too, and it still holds almost all of its charge but it is a weird situation.
    I am not sure how I can contact the sony support, I bought it on eBay, the guy brought it from USA and the device is in Belgium.
    Thanks for any help.

3. Jiggy

Jiggy Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Perhaps it is a problem caused by the computer going to sleep. You can prevent that (sleeping) by using a very simple program called "mousejiggle".

I had a few problems with the computer sleeping (though it would still charge) myself before I upgraded to Win 10. It would still go to sleep even if I had the settings to "never".

4. pooya hd

pooya hd Newbie

Reputations:
    hi guys
    I don't see any upgrade from win 8 to win 10.
    how can I upgrade to win10?
    should I install win10 manually?
    thanks Guys

5. jkwr

jkwr Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi, My backlit keyboard isnt working even in windows preboot/power on, where is the sensor for the backlit keyboard please!?

6. stitch-up

stitch-up Newbie

Reputations:
    I've successfully upgraded to Windows 10 - had to disable Superantispyware!

The only issue I have now is that all video playback, Youtube etc is fine on left side of video window but streaky/stretched on the right half of the window.

Any ideas?

Cheers

John

7. deyanimay

deyanimay Newbie

Reputations:
    So I was just wondering if anyone with a SVD1322 series model updated to windows 10 and successfully installed the drivers Sony provided for the SVD1323 series. It looks like the hardware between the 2 model types is exactly the same yet Sony won't release updated drivers for the former. I have a SVD132290X specifically.

8. Flavio Castro

Flavio Castro Newbie

Reputations:
    Has anyone ever dissembled this notebook?

My notebook doesn't have cellular, but I wonder if it's doable to install it.

9. HigginsHere

HigginsHere Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Has anyone changed the battery on this? Is it safe to do? I'm thinking about replacing the battery. That, or figure out why my battery capacity has been at least halved since I bought the computer, even though I've only got 16% battery wear. Anyone have any ideas? Maybe it has to do with the computer being made with Windows 8 and I'm on Windows 10 (which runs beautifully)?

10. quangtan

quangtan Newbie

Reputations:
    hi everybody,i delete win 8 and format patition recovery vaio duo 13, here and now my computer not boot, i use usb hiren boot or usb window but computer does not recognize the usb.
    please help me. Thanks.
    i m sorry,my english very bad