Sony Vaio CA Official Owners' Thread

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony Owners' Lounge Forum' started by Micaiah, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jesus4u

Jesus4u Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey peeps...Happy New Year !
    I have an issue with the Media Gallery ( CA36FG - i7 here ).... I like the application visuals and features but the problem is, even tho I included all the folders I have on my hdd for music, photos, videos etc, It doesnt seem to pick them up. There is this Analyzer program running at the background sometimes but again the app is unable to load anything apart from its sample stuff built in.
    Any thought guys?
    on a side note, I sometimes get this bad mouse pointer lag... like when I am copying using USB3... I noticed closing the VAIO Gate solved this issue but why should it be there at all?! I mean it's Core i7 FFS !
    Do you guys know how I can use the webcam face recognition feature as a password and security replacement, like when Windows starts up?

Thanks in advance...

2. discy

discy Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  3. Valnar

Valnar Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Does the CA can switch between the integraded GMA and the ATI?

The hybrid drivers supported natively by Sony or is some driver modding needed to get better runtimes for the system?

4. slickrox

slickrox Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hy... I totally desperate about Hybrid Graphic Function. Finally I decided to try update bios to R0242V2 and reinstall ATI drivers from official VAIO UK website, but results was the same. Any options to turn on Intel 3000. I even can't see in my device manager Intel 3000. Tried to install drivers, but when I get message that my hardware/system not supported. I considering maybe to make clean win7 install? Thank you for your advice.

[​IMG]

5. speedzone

speedzone Newbie

Reputations:
    i am trying to update the new bios R0242V2 but it say not supported on this model of laptop what should i do??? anybody can help me??
    my old version of bios is R1101V2

6. slickrox

slickrox Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have the same problem and still don't know how to solve it.

Edit: I figure out how to install them. Use 7-Zip to extract your bios setup and after run UpdTW64. Now I finally updated. I can see again options for backlight keyboard, but I still can not see switchable graphic option... :///

7. Valnar

Valnar Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I think we have to all Pyro to hack the CA bios ;)

I write a pm to him...

8. luzifers

luzifers Newbie

Reputations:
    Anyone nows if the last release of vaio CA "VPCCA4C5E", which is being sold now, is SATA 2 or SATA 3?

I've just ordered one, and I'm thinking about changing the HDD for a SSD one, and I don't know what kind of ssd, SATA 2 or SATA 3, look for.

Thank you! ;)

9. 4ndrea

4ndrea Newbie

Reputations:
    Me too ordered a VPCCA4C5E!

I have another question: anyone made a clean Win7 install?

10. MickNI

MickNI Newbie

Reputations:
    I just got mine, made a fresh intsall + all drivers, Thing is running alot, and i mean alot! faster than when it was full of sonys crap bloatware!

You will have 4/5 devices in the unknown devices tab on your device manager...

a simple google search will help you find out what each of them are..

Off the top of my head there was the SD card reader, The bluetooth and the usb 3.0 that windows couldnt automatically install.. And there is a certain wait to go about getting your FN keys to work after a reinstall but as i said before a simple google search will reveal how to do this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.