Sony Support <--Terrible service. Damaged Vaio Z, help & advice needed

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by azza21, Sep 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rachel

Rachel Busy Bee

Reputations:
    I sent my nieces Fujitsu laptop to Fujistu Siemens in Germany and it came back with a dent on the lid. I contacted them and they were very apologetic about it and set up a return and had the laptop back to me within three-four working days.
    I have my doubts if things would have been so easy with Sony in the UK.

It is true though they do record things down.

I think you should try citizen&#8217;s advice. If you get nowhere with your letter and with the CEO then you if you wanted could explore this through the small claims court.

I would be hesitant getting my insurance company to fix a Sony laptop if they have no experience.

Let us know how you get on.

2. Polter

Polter Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I've also encountered the Sony service "experience". My Vaio TZ (on which I'm typing right now) developed a problem with the screen backlight (it started going on and off at first and after a while it went completely off), so I guessed it had to do with the screen wiring at the hinge and decided to participate in the inspection program of SONY regarding the Vaio TZs. DHL picked up my laptop (from Greece) and sent it to Germany. After a few days I received a call from Sony telling me that the problem was due to a faulty motherboard, that I was out of guaranty, and had to pay 858 euros to get it replaced (that is 785 pounds or 1,250 USD!!!). I told them that it was really steep and asked them not to repair the backlight but continue with the rest of the inspection program's procedure.
    Well, after a few days I received back my TZ (with a few tiny scratches on the lid, but I think I can live with them) and discovered that it had not even been disassembled to be checked!!! They had just sent it back! That inspection program regarding the Vaio TZs must have been a joke! Nothing was done with the protection of the wiring at the hinge or the camera!! (If someday my Vaio TZ burns up, I think that I can (and must) sue Sony, as it is supposed to have passed their inspection program and it has been checked!)
    I emailed them but got NO reply. I called them using my service case number and got through to an english speaking guy who told me I had the wrong number (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), so I decided that Sony Service Europe sucks big time and went on and fixed my laptop myself. I was even sent an email from Sony requesting feedback from my service experience, I wrote them about what had happened and ..guess what: I got no reply.
    It is not the first time I have to deal with Sony Service and I must say it has always been a "painfull" experience ( http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=293529 ).
    I guess Sony customers in the USA are more lucky. We are just stuck with Sony Service Europe..

3. azza21

azza21 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Hi peeps, some great but rather suprising news. As seen in my last post on here i posted on how the engineer finally rang me and said they wouldn't be replacing the keyboard or accepting liability over the whole affair, and that a re-delivery of the notebook back to mine will be arranged.

Well today DHL dropped off my Vaio Z2 and guess what...

When i opened up my parcel and pulled out my Vaio Z2 notebook, they had only gone and replaced the scratched keyboard/palmrest with a brand new spanking new one. :biggrin:
    Absolutely brilliant news and totally, totally unexpected as you guys was all aware i was willing to fight this all the way.

The Sony support (service provided) still niggles at me, but i've got all i wanted out of this farcical, they replaced what they had broke. So i won't be taking the matter any further about there customer service as i don't think it will be worth while now. Hopefully people will read this thread and it will be useful to other people on what to do, heck maybe Sony reps saw the thread and didn't like the negativity impact it gave them, who knows.

Anyhow i want to say a BIG Thank You to all of you whom took the time out to give me advice and support me over this whole affair, i really am grateful and over the moon with the unexpected outcome.

Aaron

4. SPEEDwithJJ

SPEEDwithJJ NBR Super Idiot

Reputations:
    azza21, congrats on having your issues fixed & I'm very happy for you. :) That's very cool on Sony's part after making you go through all those trouble. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.