]]>

Sony SE Owners' Thread

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony Owners' Lounge Forum' started by BigNerd, Sep 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. illi4

illi4 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi everybody. I have VPC-SE2 model, and recently I tried to disassemble it quite unsuccessfully using this youtube manual :( The problem occured when I tried to remove the keyboard - there were several short cable sleeves preventing keyboard from removal. Eventually, on of them was disconnected by itself, and now the notebook does not even power up.

If somebody disassambled this model successfully - could you please guide me or send me a link to a good manual? I would be extremely grateful!

2. kradcliffe

kradcliffe Newbie

Reputations:
    You can get to the connectors under the hard drive enclosure and reattach them easily.

3. Audioboxer

Audioboxer Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Bit of a necro-bump but does anyone have a guide to getting this laptop running with drivers on a fresh/clean install of Windows 10? Had to replace my hard drive and I don't have a recovery disk. Windows 10 installs okay but I can't change keyboard light settings and some other stuff.

Cheers

4. Agv

Agv Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    [​IMG]
    Hi. Someone on Sony VPCSE in Control Center has such settings of the touchpad?

I just installed Windows 8.1 and when using the touchpad (with Synaptics 16.2.16), right charm bar constantly opens.
    Unfortunately it is possible to disable it only in newer versions Synaptics, which on VPCSE aren't installed.

On the Internet I have read (https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...y/430fde8a-a361-429a-8e07-c8bf8d184dad?page=1) that Sony provide the possibility to turn off "charm bars" in the menu which on the picture higher, but for some reason I have no multi-touch functions in control panel.
    [​IMG]
    Please advise.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.