Sony SA Series Discussion Sony's next new 13.3 laptop

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by sturmnacht, Jan 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fresh-Grass

Fresh-Grass Notebook Guru

Reputations:
  2. Nc79

Nc79 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The price differences between the SA and Z are exaggerated if you need larger hard drive capacity. An SA with 8gb and 256 ssd is £1759 while early website pricing put a similar Z at £2200 so £440 but the SA allows you to add third party drive so with the crucial m4 would be £1469 so £731 less.
    The z will have more powerful graphic and much better screen and the option to be much lighter if you only use part of it, but overall it's nit the product that I want and certainly not at that price so the SA is the best option available but not perfect.

3. mitpianoman

mitpianoman Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    How are you guys getting the student discount? I suppose I could call in, but requium's post sounds like it's available online. The Sony education store is showing the same $1599 price for the VPCSA2CFX that is available on the general site. I only see the discount on the non-SA/SB models.

4. requiem86

requiem86 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    All you have to do is go to the "Education Store" on the sonystyle website and create an account.

https://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wc...nForm?storeId=10151&langId=-1&catalogId=10551

5. requiem86

requiem86 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    FYI -

Vaio SA Display Screen Video (Original) (from user gtrips07)
    Vaio SA Display Screen Video (Flipped) (from user gtrips07)

Though the videos above show a general sense of the screen/display quality, viewing angles, colors, and contrast on the Vaio SA - video quality should be taken into account. Also, a bit of video quality was lost on the "Flipped" version, hence why I uploaded both.

6. Nailjohnj

Nailjohnj Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Has anyone who has seen these machines in stores noticed the problem with the hinge that struck the SC and SB where it isn't strong enough to keep the screen in place when jostled, even slightly?

7. fscussel

fscussel Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Today I received a great news... my SA shipped 4 days ealier, it was supposed to ship 14 and has shipped today. Estimate delivery is 15. I´m very happy :D

8. Rachel

Rachel Busy Bee

Reputations:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.