Sony PS4 Vs. Microsoft Xbox One = 7 : 0

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Atom Ant, Jun 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

Reputations:
    It has. Microsoft just announced they're dropping the online check-in requirement and the restrictions on used/traded game disks.

Xbox One-80: Microsoft reverses Xbox One DRM features | Joystiq

2. tijo

tijo Sacred Blame Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Well, that means I may get a XB One at some point, but seeing as I already pre-ordered the PS4 and I'm guessing quite a bit of early adopters did too after E3, it will be acquired at a later date.

3. LIVEFRMNYC

LIVEFRMNYC Blah Blah Blah!!!

Reputations:
  4. Tinderbox (UK)

Tinderbox (UK) BAKED BEAN KING

Reputations:
    ha ha ha microsoft lost their bottle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. PatchySan

PatchySan Om Noms Kit Kat

Reputations:
    It was inevitable, the DRM policies was so hated by their target customers they be absolutely mad to carry on with it. The price difference alone was bad enough...

6. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

Reputations:
    The price difference is only $41 if you buy a Playstation Eye camera for the PS4. The real difference for the big price gap is that the One is bundling the Kinect and the PS4 isn't bundling the Eye. If game designers start integrating Kinect into AAA games in a way that makes sense (the reason MS made the Kinect mandatory is so game designers can assume all players will have it present), that could really narrow the value disparity. However, if Kinect 2.0 turns out to just be a gimmick like a lot of first-gen motion-control setups, then PS4 definitely wins the value proposition.

7. Syndrome

Syndrome Torque Matters

Reputations:
    Except I've never had any desire to use any eye or kinect. I've had an eye for my PS3 since i got it and still never hooked it up. So just another advantage of keeping my money versus spending it on something I'm not interested in.

8. Atom Ant

Atom Ant Hello, here I go again

Reputations:
    Now this is a big correction by Microsoft and it is also a very good example how good competitions for end users. If PS4 were not offering those benefits, than MS won't change anything on their regulations... And more goodness coming from Microsoft?:

[​IMG]

9. CudaCores

CudaCores Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The only reason they changed it because they knew they couldn't get away with it after seeing that amazon poll (xbox 1 vs ps4). Even the microgreed reps from E3 said they weren't going to change anything nor could they. If it werent for the bad rep and losing sales to PS4 big time, they wouldn't change something that they can get away with. Sony is the lesser of two evils, less lies and BS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.