Sony laptops that shipped with Vista and beyond Sony pulling driver support 1st March

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by Rachel, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Rachel

Rachel Busy Bee

Reputations:
    Hi, just to ket some of you know who may not know already, but Sony will be removing the drivers from heir website for Sony laptops that originally shipped with Vista or older OS on the 1st March. I couldn't find a thread about this. May be now is a good time to download your drivers. I was on the Sony website a few days back, having just installed a new SSD into my Sony TT wanted to download some drivers.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
    Primes and zimbros12 like this.
  2. Primes

Primes Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Thanks!

3. JONILL

JONILL Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks Rachel
    I've just done it these days for my old VAIO PCG-K115S, here in France. Old one but cute vintage object that i want to preserve.

4. OverTallman

OverTallman Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Had a check on Sony's website and yup, no more drivers for old VAIOs.

But seriously, is Sony really so broke that they can't even host servers for legacy driver installation files? FYI I just downloaded all the drivers I needed for my recently acquired T23 in Lenovo's EOL Portal, also note that T23 is a pre-Lenovo ThinkPad.

5. Rachel

Rachel Busy Bee

Reputations:
    I checked Sony.com and Sony.co.uk and the old drivers still appear to be there. May be they will be pulled in the morning. Let's wait and see. I downloaded the drivers today for my Sony SZ.

6. OverTallman

OverTallman Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Checked the Sony US site and as you said, they're there, even for something as old as PCG-505G.

The one I checked yesterday was the Sony Asia site which did pull off drivers for old models, no drivers available for the whole SZ series.

7. PommieD

PommieD Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I own a Sony Vaio E series laptop running win10 and was forced to do a clean install of Microsoft Creators version of windows, most of the useful programs threw errors and wouldn't work and threw really bad errors that I had to go into safe mode, so I have avoided anything to do with Sony and the Creators runs ok as a vanilla set-up. Shame though some of the utilities were excellent.

Just thought I'd give you the heads up.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018