Something changed and I don't know what (Networking)

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by TheSpiritOfRadio, Jul 1, 2020.

1. TheSpiritOfRadio

TheSpiritOfRadio Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    About 2 weeks ago I had some trouble trying to print (printer was unplugged for a few weeks prior to this attempt) (blank pages only came out) (Usually I don't have issues printing in B&W but that didn't work either) Tried an Epson software update, no change. The printer in question is an Epson xp6000.

About a day or so after that I noticed that the name of my Mobile Broadband connection had changed from T-Mobile (4G LTE GSM) to T-Mobile (4G LTE GSM) 2.

Yesterday when connecting to the printer in an attempt to try to print again, I noticed that I could no longer connect to the Broadband and the printer at the same time as I could before. (Only certain programs were blocked, now its the entirety of my internet connection)
    Finally I noticed that I was actually able to download things via uTorrent. (Something previously impossible with my current network unless using my friends router connection.)

In conclusion, I have only vague ideas of what I think the problems are.
    With the printer/network issue, it seems like there's some kind of port being blocked/conflict.

If I should be posting this somewhere else/better, let me know. Thank you.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
  2. BaRRmaley

BaRRmaley Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it.

UNCNDL1 and Shellback like this.
  3. theoak2

theoak2 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I am not sure what your network problem is. I'm curious how you send text messages to your phone. Google Voice?

4. TheSpiritOfRadio

Reputations:

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2020
  5. BaRRmaley

BaRRmaley Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    The Lady Galadriel

6. theoak2

theoak2 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Thanks Spirit, I had forgotten about that kind of texting. (My WWAN account on my laptop is inactive.)

Something worth trying is check your firewall settings. If one network thing works, but another does not, it may be you need to make firewall aware of non-working program.

To test this theory, just turn firewall off completely, and see if everything works. then turn it back on and fool with firewall permissions.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2020
    TheSpiritOfRadio likes this.
  7. TheSpiritOfRadio

Reputations:
    No luck after turning off all firewalls and after connecting to tmobile and printer, I get no connection available errors in my web browser.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
  8. TheSpiritOfRadio

Reputations:
    Fixed the printing aspect of this problem with new ink.

Still having network conflict with printer connection and Tmobile when connected at the same time.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
  9. UNCNDL1

UNCNDL1 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Something that would be helpful for me when reading posts since I’m on my phone via Tapatalk quite frequently while at work...
    I do not know which operating system you are using let alone what machine you’re on when you ask these questions...
    maybe at the beginning of your question you could just post a simple note of the operating system at the very least and possibly the machine you are using

10. TheSpiritOfRadio

Reputations:
    W7 cf-31 in my signature