Solved! Fix / repair Nova Button and One Key Recovery on Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro after SSD upgrade. Full walkthru!

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by heronf, Dec 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heronf

heronf Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi Narendra. I tried your approach and adjusted the partition size as you did but the OKR still defaulted to the original values. Can you tell me what you meant by Also change the create.ini outside? Was that another step.

Also could you post the create.ini file so I can see it?

thanks
    heron

2. narendra raja shankar

narendra raja shankar Newbie

Reputations:
    @heron - Hi i think you changed the create.ini which is outside ( i mean you can see a create.ini if you click bootable usb). If you just changed the value in that alone it wont change the partition size.you have to change partition value of create.ini inside ok8 subfolder. Sorry not able to upload create.ini doucument so i attached screen shot.

@Bobjbd - because of multiple partition you created you adjusted some values in okr8 i suppose.but i dont know how to hide them. normally in okr8 only partition C value is given and can be changed,in partition D it will allocate the remaining space in the hard drive . If you want multiple partition then just create 2 partition at first and you can shrink partition D in disk management for you liking then there wont be a problem. Sorry if am not much helpful.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
  3. Bobjbd

Bobjbd Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi heronf,
    Thanks for your reply. You may be correct while saying that this walkthrough is for Yoga 2 Pro. Then, could you or someone else here suggest me a working link to download OKR 8 iso for my Z580?

4. Bobjbd

Bobjbd Newbie

Reputations:

5. Bobjbd

Bobjbd Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi narendra,
    Thanks for your reply. In the beginning, I tried to install OKR 8 with its original state without making any change, but even then there was the same problem.

6. narendra raja shankar

narendra raja shankar Newbie

Reputations:
    Can you explain what kind of problems you had ? if i know something i will try to help :).

I think there is no other okr8 iso available for specific laptop model. i have been searching for a long time finally found this forum its working for me my laptop model is Lenovo Y510p

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
  7. Bobjbd

Bobjbd Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi narendra,
    In particular, I don't have any problem except that the WINRE_DRV and the PBR_DRV are visible in the "Optimize Drives" window which is just causing an unpleasant feeling of 'something is still wrong in the system'. I tried every thing possible to hide them there but all in vain.

8. martinwjordan

martinwjordan Newbie

Reputations:
    I joined this site just to give you the kudos you deserve for putting this guide together. Thank you for all your efforts!

9. dennisakazai

dennisakazai Newbie

Reputations:
    I try to download this, which give me a iso file about 830-ish GB. But somehow it said that the data is corrupted. Are you sure you upload the right file? Or my download is not complete?

Thanks before :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.