Solved! Fix / repair Nova Button and One Key Recovery on Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro after SSD upgrade. Full walkthru!

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by heronf, Dec 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heronf

heronf Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    See post on changing the ini file on OKR8 to adjust partition size by Narendra below

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
  2. narendra raja shankar

narendra raja shankar Newbie

Reputations:
    Thank you for the reply I renamed the C partion and tried but extend volume still not showing in C partition so I recreated the D partition. I just tried to change partition value in okr.8 from 100000 to 400000 it worked now C drive have 390 gb storage.installing windows now hope it works.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2015
    heronf likes this.
  3. narendra raja shankar

Reputations:
    I followed all your steps waiting for one key recovery complete the initial backup at the end its giving me runtime error r6002- floating point support not found.don't know what went wrong. Plz help.

Got it working there was corrupted Inetcache file after deleting those one key recovery is success. Thank you so much hernof for the post.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2015
    heronf likes this.
  4. heronf

Reputations:
    Excellent Narendra. Please post how you changed the values in OKR8 as well. I'd like to know for the future.

Also this is the link I previously followed to adjust the partitions. I followed what the last person did. I never had luck with using a third party solution, as I found it messed up the volume structure.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo...-key-recovery-and-Partitions-Y2P/td-p/1569596

It worked with windows 10 anyways which is way better than 8 btw :)

5. heronf

Reputations:
    Also Narendra if the runtime error r6002 is something that always happen when you adjust the default partion size in OKR8 please post how you fixed it too.

Great Job Everyone. This walthru is perfect for anyone who needs it for now or in the future :)

6. narendra raja shankar

Reputations:
    Mostly runtime error R6002 occur for many reasons. For me runtime error R6002 occurred while one key recovery was in C:/Users/narendra/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/INetCache/IE/ when tried to check the file I didn’t find anything so I just copied file directory and paste that on chrome . In chrome it showed [parent directory] and some sub folders in each folders there are some temp files (those are the reason for my runtime error) tried to delete them but couldn’t so I copied each sub folder directory and paste those on Internet Explorer there I was able access the sub folders then I deleted them .

For me folders are like this in chrome

1C5WNB6Q/

4/6/15, 12:10:51 PM

9GFFX58S/

4/6/15, 10:43:46 AM

TIF8KGGK/

4/6/15, 10:43:54 AM

VTY4FI0I/

4/6/15, 10:43:46 AM

heronf likes this.
  7. narendra raja shankar

Reputations:
    To change partition in okr8 after creating bootable USB. In the drive there will be okr8 folder in that there will be a note pad document like create.ini open it there you have change the value in

create partition primary size=100000

format quick fs=ntfs label="Windows8_OS".

From 100000 to the size you want (eg. I changed 100000 to 400000) and save the document.

Also change the create.ini outside. It worked for me hope the info is helpful.

heronf likes this.
  8. heronf

Reputations:

narendra raja shankar likes this.
  9. Bobjbd

Bobjbd Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi everyone,
    I followed all the instructions given in this forum to install OKR 8 because my all partitions were broken and then I installed my original Windows 8 from my USB Recovery Drive on my Lenovo IdeaPad Z580. Now everything is working very fine. I have my Preinstalled Windows 8 Single Language and all the 9 Partitions and related Volumes on my system as given below:
    Partition ### Type Size Offset
    ------------- ---------------- ------- -------
    Partition 1 Recovery 1000 MB 1024 KB
    Partition 2 System 260 MB 1001 MB
    Partition 3 OEM 1001 MB 1261 MB
    Partition 4 Reserved 128 MB 2262 MB
    Partition 5 Primary 97 GB 2390 MB
    Partition 6 Primary 170 GB 99 GB
    Partition 7 Primary 150 GB 269 GB
    Partition 8 Primary 25 GB 420 GB
    Partition 9 Recovery 20 GB 445 GB
    DISKPART> list vol
    Volume ### Ltr Label Fs Type Size Status Info
    ---------- --- ----------- ----- ---------- ------- --------- --------
    Volume 0 E DVD-ROM 0 B No Media
    Volume 1 C Windows8_OS NTFS Partition 97 GB Healthy Boot
    Volume 2 D LENOVO NTFS Partition 170 GB Healthy
    Volume 3 F LENOVO NTFS Partition 150 GB Healthy
    Volume 4 G LENOVO NTFS Partition 25 GB Healthy
    Volume 5 WINRE_DRV NTFS Partition 1000 MB Healthy Hidden
    Volume 6 SYSTEM FAT32 Partition 260 MB Healthy System
    Volume 7 PBR_DRV NTFS Partition 20 GB Healthy Hidden

Though I created these 9 partitions by making required changes in the "Create.ini" given in the downloaded OKR 8 Engineering DVD files burned on a USB Drive. Now, I am able to use my OKR from Novo Button for recovery from initial backup. I am also able to copy my recovery partition to create a USB Recovery Drive.
    But, there is still a PROBLEM - the WINRE_DRV and PBR_DRV are visible in "Optimize Drives" window. I tried all what I could to remove them from there but nothing worked anyway.
    So, could anyone please help me here to solve this ? Thanks in advance.

10. heronf

Reputations:
    No idea. It's sounds like you adjusted the ini file significantly. Only adjust the size of the one partition. That would be my suggestion. Always keep it as simple is possible.

Though always make sure you have no usb drives when you are checking the partition volumes as it shows those volumes too. Also this walkthru is for the Yoga 2 Pro specifically. It probably works on others as well but I have not idea. GL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.