[SOLD] Quadro P5000 Mobile MXM 3.0 N17E-Q5-A1 16GB GDDR5 vRAM

Discussion in 'Computer Components' started by RMSMajestic, Jan 22, 2019.

1. RMSMajestic

RMSMajestic Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Quadro P5000 Mobile MXM 3.0 N17E-Q5-A1 16GB GDDR5 vRAM

Price: $875 USD or best offer or trade for Random things, lemme know what you have

Condition: Used

Warranty: None

Reason for sale: Ridding stuff

Payment: PayPal

Item location: Vienna, Virgina, USA

Shipping: Local pickup, Postal service, UPS
    International shipping: Yes
    Handling time: Ships within 1 week of receiving cleared payment

Specifications:
    For sale is a Quadro P5000m MXM Card.
    This is one of the last standard form factor mxm cards, also one of the most powerful (Quadro P5200 need solder on EEPROM chip and flashed vBIOS).
    As some of you may have heard of, I have been attempting installing Pascal cards on Dell Precision M6700 and yet there's no satisfactory result. So I am going back to GTX 980m

On M6700 there is no brightness control, and dodgy hdmi/DP output. It's just not the perfect upgrade.
    I have heard people reporting it working on M6800 with brightness control, though I cannot promise on that as I do not own an M6800 to test.

Please notice that all pascal cards lacks LVDS output. Also please make sure if the card will work on your laptop. I will charge 10% restocking fee

The card itself is in perfect working condition. The core has a little chip on the corner but those does not affect functionality. I just can't be bothered to take apart my laptop to take picture of it.
    I have played world of warships/ a lot of VR Games such as TITANIC:Honor and Glory and VR Kanojo for over a year. My friend had been using it to play PUBG/Battlefield etc. for a few month as well.
    If you are purchasing the card for thinkpad P71, please let me know so that I can flash the corresponding vBIOS.

Shipping worldwide and willing to do custom declarations in favour of the buyer

No returns accepted, but guranteed against DoA
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Generated by NBR BST Form Wizard

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
    jaybee83 likes this.
  2. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    nice offer! but LOL!

if you cant be bothered to take apart the laptop to show pictures of the actual MXM board, then dont expect interested parties / buyers to be bothered to make offers ;) just saying!

3. RMSMajestic

Reputations:
    *facepalm*
    I thought I have already established good enough reputation and trust around notebook modding forums.......

4. ALLurGroceries

ALLurGroceries   Super Moderator

Reputations:
    It's nothing about you -- the marketplace rules clearly state that you must have a picture of the actual item for sale and not a screenshot. This thread will be deleted if you are unable or unwilling to post proof of ownership pictures of the actual item for sale.

5. RMSMajestic

Reputations:
    Okay then, will take apart my laptop and post the picture tonight

jaybee83 likes this.
  6. RMSMajestic

Reputations:
    Fair enough, pic added!

jaybee83 likes this.
  7. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    what kind of performance are you getting from this card, btw? what cpu and ram did u pair it with? ive been thinking of going the quadro route for quite a while now.

and whats up with the X200 quadro series? are all cards gimped in that they lack the eeprom chip on the board? or is it just for specific SKUs?

8. RMSMajestic

Reputations:
    i7 3940xm/32GB DDR3L 1866
    Performance is better than desktop GTX 1060/GTX 980/R9 290 however it is behind GTX 1070, slightly better than Quadro P4000 desktop.
    Scored 3627/ 6530/ 11816 respectively in 3DMark FSU/FSE/FS
    Steam VR Benchmark is 10.0

As for the Quadro P*200 series, currently the only standard MXM form factor cards are from HP, and all of them lack EEPROM chip.

Quadro Cards are a bit wasteful to me, as I use it for nothing more than VR Kanojo XD
    I'm looking for the GTX 1080 mxm from ASRock Deskmini, but apparently I might have to spend all the money for one ASRock Deskmini

9. McMannaman

McMannaman Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi RMSMajestic!

Long time no see :) We've had a few messages on ThinkPads forum back in the days about W701.

I did got P5000 with stock Levovo VBIOS, at first it didn't work M6700 at all -- no POST.
    Then flashed in a VBIOS from this forum using MXM adapter sold 'for mining' on AliExpress on
    desktop PC -- will make a report about it somewhere when have a spare time.

Installed P5000 in my M6700 and it's been working perfectly, I use the laptop as a daily driver,
    like 14hrs/day constantly for months and there are no issues at all. Using Covet edition cover
    with RGB IPS screen (but LVDS is not supported anyway). It's really strange that brightness
    controls don't work in your case -- they should and work on my M6700 absolutely perfectly.

Regards

10. RMSMajestic

Reputations:
    I think the normal Laptop P5000m will not work due to ACPI compatibility. What I have been suspecting is that the P5000m vBIOS that works on M6700 is actually the P5000m from mini-PCs, such as the Zotac ZBox and etc. That would explain the brightness control issues.

jaybee83 likes this.