[SOLD] NVIDIA GTX 980m 8GB G-Sync Prema vBIOS MXM - From Clevo P750DM-G

Discussion in 'Computer Components' started by MKazmer, Feb 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MKazmer

MKazmer Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    NVIDIA GTX 980m 8GB G-Sync N16E-GX-A1 - Prema vBIOS - From Clevo P750DM-G
    Form Factor: MXM 3.0b (Standard upgradable Laptop GPU)
    Included: GPU, X-Bracket w/ Backplate Heat Spreader, Screws, and Fresh Thermal Padding
    Price: $425 USD shipped
    Condition: Used
    Warranty: None
    Reason for sale: Upgraded to GTX 1060 (Not worth the upgrade in all honesty)
    Payment: PayPal
    Item location: Los Angeles, CA, USA
    Shipping: Local pickup, Postal service, FedEx
    International shipping: Yes
    Handling time: Ships within next business day of receiving cleared payment
    Specifications:
    This is a very high quality 980m with 12.7K 3DMark11 score and has been well cared for. I only used the best thermal paste (Thermal Grizzly or Gelid GC-Extreme) and Gelid GP-Extreme thermal pads and kept it very cool, below 70C at all times. This card has an optimized vBIOS, compliments of Prema, to provide the most possible power with the highest efficiency. It was never overclocked above the vBIOS settings, it provided plenty of power. I upgraded to the 1060 for its efficiency, hoping for longer battery life, but it was a mistake.
    Before removing it from the Clevo, I took some benchmarks to show how fast this card is. Also note that this score was with a 230w power adapter and 6700k CPU. It can runs VR surprisingly well, as I tried it out with some demos on an oculus. If you're interested in gaming, it can also run games quite well I'm sure, however, I am not a gamer and only used it for Autocad, photoshop and some video editing.

I guarantee working condition, however there are no refunds or returns due to the nature of this item. I will also not sell to anyone. I request that you have experience with upgrading your PC. With that said, if you have replaced your RAM and re-pasted your CPU without problems, then you have the skills necessary to upgrade an MXM GPU.

It is the responsibility of the buyer to ensure compatibility with your specific machine, however, I will try to help if you aren't sure.

Shipping is included in the price and I take paypal, Bitcoin or possibly other cryptocurrency as payment.

I have been on ebay for over a decade and have 100% feedback if you are interested in my reputation. My paypal account is verified.

Thank you for taking a look.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Generated by NBR BST Form Wizard

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
  2. Rhadamanthis

Rhadamanthis Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    mmmm you have pm

3. KY_BULLET

KY_BULLET Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yeah that wont last long GLWS!

4. MKazmer

Reputations:
    The 100% positive feedback I have earned on ebay over the past 14 years and 1,000+ transactions is well deserved. I stand by my products and won't leave an honest buyer high and dry.

With that said, I'm not entirely sure what you mean by that comment. Perhaps you meant it will sell fast? If you're suggesting that the card won't last long then I disagree completely. This card is in excellent shape and as long as it's not abused it should be strong for 2 years or so. The cooling system in the computer this was removed from has a ton of overhead and this card was never ran above 70 degrees. Since I use my equipment for work, I use it with longevity in mind and take all precautions to keep temps down.

Considering this is a G-Sync 980m with 8GB of RAM, comes with backplate, screws and thermal pads and was used with care, this is a good deal.

It's still available for those interested.

5. KY_BULLET

KY_BULLET Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Sorry for the confusion, I was basically saying that it is a popular\strong GPU and shouldn't take long to sell it. ;) (GLWS=Good luck with sell)

Mr. Fox likes this.
  6. MKazmer

Reputations:
    Oh, thank you, it's popular for good reason. This particular card is so good that I've been looking for a cheap barebones to put it in and keep as a backup work laptop. The new 1060 I bought is more efficient, but not noticeably faster with the 3D work I do. It might be because of less vRAM in the 1060, but I don't know. I regret not going with the 1070. It is what it is.

Thanks again!

KY_BULLET likes this.
  7. MKazmer

Reputations:
    Still available

8. MKazmer

Reputations:
    SOLD

jaybee83 and KY_BULLET like this.
  9. nixliu

nixliu Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    great deal

10. MKazmer

Reputations:
    Ya, it was one of the best GPUs I ever had, I miss it a little. This 1060 is nice and efficient, but with some things, I feel like it's not as smooth and powerful as that 980m I had with Premas BIOS

KY_BULLET likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.