[SOLD] MXM Video Cards, CPU's and other laptop parts

Discussion in 'Computer Components' started by Table21, Sep 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ALLurGroceries

ALLurGroceries   Super Moderator

Reputations:
    No worries. We don't delete threads unless they are in violation of the rules, and we don't close threads that have been marked sold (they automatically close after a period of inactivity).

I cleaned up this thread a bit, there was a page worth of chatter which is of no use to anyone, take it to PM.

2. sangemaru

sangemaru Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    And my card just walked through the door 5 minutes ago. Will be testing it tonight to see how it runs.
    Finally, this took forever, god curse paypal.

3. Ninefingers

Ninefingers Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    How did it run sangemaru?? I still await the arrival on my card :)

4. sangemaru

sangemaru Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Well, i had a few troubles with the way I modded my heatsink, and now it's a bit bent, so I have almost two milimiters of arctic silver between the core and the heatsink, which is really not good, and half the IC's and VRM's aren't really getting contact from the thermal pads, but this is my fault.
    . I'm waiting on some thinner thermal pads to lower the profile a bit and try and get a bit more core contact. Despite all that, the card scores around P6200 in 3dmark11 on stock clocks, and the max temps i hit in sc2 and furmark have been 83 celsius. Generic usage temps in sleeping dogs and max payne 3 ar around 73 degrees. Everything maxed out in the extreme.
    I probably don't have to say it, but this is INSANE cool. I mean, the card is barely touching the heatsink. When not gaming, but watching movies or something, the card barely goes over 50 degrees, staying around 35 when not under load.
    Beta8 drivers are very stable for me, and I've had consistent awesome performance that I can't complain about. I'd love to see how it scales overclocks, but I'll actually have to get core contact before I try that, because I don't want to break this beauty.
    You'll definitely enjoy yours. Just make sure you're very careful about whatever heatsink you're connecting to it, because if you leave too many IC's or VRM's uncooled, you might end up with blackscreen crashes (I had those the first time i installed the card. I got really scared for a while, when the game crashed in sc2 when the card hit 77 degrees. It was actually pretty stable around 77, even though not on max settings. When i pulled the heatsink off that first time, i had maybe onle 15% of the core making contact with the heatsink, the rest was dry, and with the exception of the memory chips, none of the other thermal pads were making contact with the card)

5. UltraGSM

UltraGSM ...so many Alienwares...

Reputations:
    I have just received my 7970m couple mins ago! -took little over a week but it made here, Havent got it tested yet but probably will find time in the next couple of days, and will give a feedback here later :) other than that card was well packed and it looks clean and fresh

Mario

6. Ninefingers

Ninefingers Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Card arrived yesterday. Well packaged and the card is clean and tidy.

Will install it this evening :D

Edit: Card installed, all running smoothly :D ULTRA ULTRA ULTRA EVERYTHING :D:D:D:D

Many thanks to Table21, long may your services continue!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.