[SOLD] HiDevolution EVOC 16L-G-1080 (AKA Eurocom Tornado F5 / MSI 16L13)

Discussion in 'Notebooks and Desktops for Sale' started by hfm, Aug 18, 2018.

1. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    HiDevolution EVOC 16L-G-1080 (AKA Eurocom Tornado F5 / MSI 16L13)
    Price:
    SOLD
    Condition: Used
    Warranty: No, expired: March 30, 2019
    Reason for sale: Getting a different notebook (ultrabook.. yeah I know don't judge... It's unfortunately necessary and I can’t keep both..)
    Payment: PayPal, Cash is OK if local
    Item location: New York, NY, USA
    Shipping: Local pickup, Postal service, UPS, FedEx
    International shipping: No
    Handling time: Ships within 1 week of receiving cleared payment
    Feedback: eBay Feedback Profile (I have not used ebay in a long time but here it is). I have been here on NBR a very long time however.

This laptop has served me well, but unfortunately it's time we parted ways. It's arguably still the best 15.6" gaming laptop to this date, ask @Mr. Fox @Talon or countless others in the owner's lounge thread. http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...-owners-lounge.797128/page-1058#post-10780520. Others have modded the BIOS to be able to install an 8700K (Coffee Lake) CPU in this unit. I would imagine you will be able to buy a new nVidia RTX 20xx series MXM GPU and install that down the line as well (no promises obviously). Paid $3,066.00 originally with only the MX500 SSD and no modded back cover and the 2yr extended US warranty. To configure one similarly on Eurocom.com is still over $3K. It’s a good price, Bront.

Specifications:
    - Prema bios flashed for you overlockers
    - i7-7700K delidded, Grizzly Conductonaut (I'm running it at 4.7GHz and -80mv undervolt with Throttlestop)
    - nVidia GTX 1080, Grizzly Conductonaut (stock clocks)
    - Win 10 Pro
    - Samsung LTN156FL02-101 15.6-inch 4K (3840x2160) G-SYNC 60Hz Panel (Calibrated ICC profile included on USB Flash Drive)
    - Kingston 16G 2400mhz ram Dual Channel (2 x 8GB sticks)
    - Easy to reach DIMM slots under the back cover are empty (2x)
    - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SATA SSD (m.2 2280)
    - Transcend 512GB SATA SSD (m.2 2280)
    - 2.5" SSD slot is empty
    - Intel 8265 WiFi Module
    - Steelseries Keyboard is 3-zone multicolor (using MSI Keyboard LED Manager software)
    - 330W Power Supply
    - Bottom cover comes modded with cooling intake holes under the fans (modded by HiDevolution)
    - GPU fan is from Asus G750. No laptops were harmed to install it just a light shave, it's taped in place, a stock fan can be reinstalled with no problem.
    - CPU fan is stock fan
    - Battery Wear Level according to HWiNFO is 3.4%, but really the battery on these things is just a glorified UPS.
    - Left Side Ports: Kensington Lock, Line in, Line out, Microphone, Headphone + SPDIF (all 3.5mm)
    - Right Side Ports: 3 x USB 3.0, 6-in-1 SD Card Reader
    - Rear Ports: LAN, Thunderbolt 3/USB-C 3.1, HDMI 2.0, Mini DisplayPort 1.2, Power
    - Only weighs 6.5lb (For reference Alienware 15 is 7.7lb, Razer 15 is 4.5lb)

Extras:
    - Original box, manuals, and driver discs included
    - Extra 2.5" SATA 512GB Transcend SSD720 SSD
    - Windows 10 Pro recovery USB flash drive included.
    - Monitor Calibration ICC profile included on USB flash drive (performed by HiDevolution)
    - extra bottom cover that is completely stock
    - der8auer Delid Die Mate 2 IHS delid tool (I've used this exactly once it's brand new, $50 value)
    - Two extra brand new fans that run faster but are not the stock fans, just the exact same housing and fastener hole config and are a direct recplacement apparently: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077QWZRCW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00 ($75 value!!, never installed them)
    - An Asus G750 CPU fan that I never installed, requires destroying the stock fan mounts to do so, do at your own risk but including it anyway

Other notes:
    EDIT:
    @Donald@HIDevolution confirmed the warranty follows the notebook, expires March 30, 2019 (ship date of the notebook +2 years)

NEW INFO PERTAINING TO WIN 10 Pro LICENSE STATE:
    I have another brand new Windows 10 OEM Pro key I'm going to just throw into the mix to remove all the confusion about activating Win 10. The existing clean install + the minimum of base utils of KLM, hotkeys, and fan control is still activated fine. So you'll get three keys:

1. The one that HiDevoltuon originally gave me that doesn't seem to activate anymore. If you can get it to work have fun.
    2. The one Microsoft themselves used to fix the problem in #1. (they never actually gave it to me I took a pic of it with my phone when they were entering it in the remote session. I got the distinct feeling they didn't want me to see it for some reason they did things every quickly and closed windows quickly.)
    3. Another brand new one. So I guess if you have no issues with #2 you get a free Win 10 Pro key, wow.

All packed up ready to ship!

Proof of ownership:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Generated by NBR BST Form Wizard

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
    jaybee83, dm477, Huniken and 4 others like this.
  2. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Absolutely. And, it looks like an immaculate specimen you are offering to some lucky person at an excellent price. Good luck with the sale, Brother @hfm.

As far as it being necessary to get an ultrabook... ouch... you have my deepest condolences on that unfortunate situation.

electrosoft, Huniken, Papusan and 3 others like this.
  3. Donald@HIDevolution

Donald@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    Your warranty starts on the ship date (March 31, 2017), not the date it arrived. Its expiration date is March 30, 2019.

4. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Thanks for clearing that up! Does it follow the unit to a new owner?

Mr. Fox likes this.
  5. Donald@HIDevolution

Donald@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    Oh yes, the warranty is on the laptop, not the owner. The serial number is what controls, and it is fully transferable.

6. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I'll probably get an eGPU.. all is not lost... except maybe 20% of it's performance.. lol

jaybee83 and Mr. Fox like this.
  7. Huniken

Huniken Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Good luck....

hfm likes this.
  8. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    updated a couple small details

9. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Are those fans you linked to on Amazon more reliable than the stock ones?

10. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I have not installed them, but if I had to wager I would say there's very little chance they could be any less reliable. :p