[SOLD] FS: HP EliteBook 8760w Mobile Workstation, 32 GB RAM, Quadro 3000M

Discussion in 'Notebooks and Desktops for Sale' started by zsero, Apr 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zsero

zsero Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    HP EliteBook 8760w Mobile Workstation, 32 GB RAM, Quadro 3000M

Price: £1320 GBP, open for offers

Condition: Used

Warranty: Yes, expires: December 2014

Reason for sale: keeping a ThinkPad W520 instead

Payment: PayPal, cash on collection

Item location: Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Shipping: Insured parcel within UK or EU, local pickup possible

International shipping: Yes, within the EU

Handling time: Ships within 2 business days of receiving cleared payment

Feedback: eBay Feedback Profile + a contributor in this forum

Specifications:
    I'm selling a HP EliteBook 8760w Mobile Workstation with 32 GB of RAM, Quadro 3000M videocard, Intel Core i7-2630QM Quad Core processor with Accidental Damage Protection + Next Business Day On-Site Service Warranty.

I bought this laptop at the same time as a ThinkPad W520 and I decided to keep that one, so I am selling this one. The laptop is a few month old and is absolute mint / like new condition! There is not a single scratch or mark on the laptop.

Additionally to the laptop the HP Accidental Damage Protection + Next Business Day On-Site Service CarePack has been purchased and registered. It means that if there is any problem with the laptop or if any accidental damage happens, HP sends an engineer to you with a new notebook the next day (if required).

The warranty is valid till 23/12/2014 and can be extended by buying additional CarePack warranty extension from HP.

The 32 GB RAM modules (4x8GB SODIMM) have lifetime warranty.

The videocard is a powerful nVidia Quadro 3000M with 2GB GDDR5 RAM. It is certified for professional CAD/CAM/DCC/GIS applications and has a much higher performance compared to gaming-grade cards in professional applications.

The screen is a 17.3 inch 1920x1080 Full HD Resolution, matte anti-glare, wide viewing angle LED backlit screen. It is a very high quality screen, much better than you can see on most other laptops, albeit not the DreamColor version.

Full specs (contact me if you have any questions)

Processor: Intel Core i7-2630QM Quad Core (2GHz, Intel Sandy Bridge Architecture, 6 MB L3 cache, Features Intel Turbo Boost up to 2.9GHz)
    RAM: 32 GB RAM module in 4x8GB SODIMM configuration, with lifetime warranty
    Graphics card: nVidia Quadro 3000M with 2GB GDDR5 RAM
    Screen: 17.3 inch 1920x1080 Full HD Resolution, matte anti-glare, wide viewing angle LED backlit screen
    Operating System: Windows 7 Professional Edition 64-bit, clean install
    Hard Drive: Western Digital Scorpio Black 500GB, 7200 RPM. This laptop supports 3 x SSD or HDD drives, 2 inside the laptop and 1 in the optical drive bay (optional accessories needed)
    Optical Drive: DVD-RW, can be replaced with a HDD caddy (optional accessory)
    Audio: High Definition Audio (SRS Premier Sound), integrated stereo speakers, stereo headphone/line out, stereo microphone in, integrated dual-microphone array
    Wireless Support: Intel Centrino 802.11a/b/g/n, HP Integrated Module with Bluetooth v2.1+ EDR Wireless Technology
    Communications: Integrated Intel 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection (vPro), 56K v.92 modem
    Security: HP Fingerprint Sensor, TPM Embedded Security Chip 1.2,
    Ports and Connectors: (2) USB 3.0 ports, (2) USB 2.0 ports (1 charging), (1) eSATA/USB 2.0 combo port, (1) VGA, (1) DisplayPort, (1) stereo microphone in, (1) stereo headphone/line out, (1) 1394a, (1) power connector, (1) RJ-11/modem, (1) RJ-45/Ethernet, (1) docking connector, (1) secondary battery connector
    Expansion Slots: 1 ExpressCard/54 slot, 1 SD/MMC slot
    Input Device: Full-sized spill-resistant keyboard with numeric keypad, drains, touchpad with scroll zone and gestures support, point stick, discrete launch buttons (wireless on/off, internet, volume mute, calculator)
    Product number: LG671ET#ABU

Shipping to UK and European Union

UK parcel by courier company - 15 pounds
    EU parcel by courier company - 25 pounds / 30 EUR (depends on the destination, plese ask in advance)

Return conditions and warranty

The warranty is provided by HP and is the detailed Accidental Damage Protection + Next Business Day On-Site Service Warranty
    I am a private seller and I do not provide warranty to the item.
    If the item is dead on arrival (DOA) you can return it to me within 7 days.

I can provide you with the S/N and warranty information in PM.
    If you have any question, please feel free to contact me.
    I'm open for offers - in PM!

+ I'm going to list the following matching accessories: (in the next few days)
    • ST09 slice battery
    • HP docking station
    • HP advanced docking station

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2015
  2. zsero

zsero Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Bump, new price: 1490 GBP!

3. zsero

zsero Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Bump, new price: 1480 GBP!

4. bizarrays

bizarrays Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi Zsero,

My Google search to upgrade memory on Thinkpad W520 to 32 Gig took me to your post and was happy to see you are already using laptops with 32 Gig.

How should I go about in upgrading memory on Thinkpad W520 from 4 Gig to 32 Gig. I am based out of Toronto and need 32 Gig on my laptop to run virtual machines.

Your guidance will be greatly appreciated. Have been trying to find out locally here to upgrade to 32 Gig but have not been getting anywhere with it. Please guide me in buying (4x8GB SODIMM) for W520 and any special things I should do (if any) to make it work. People have spoke to about it so far have been very reluctant to test or try.

So I see ray of hope after reading your post.

Regards
    Biz

5. zsero

zsero Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    It's not that hard at all. You'll need 4 x 8 SODIMM module from a quality brand, which has a good return policy and optionally lifetime warranty.

It's important to have all the 4 modules from the same brand/model. (In theory this is not needed, but to save you from any potential compatibility problems, it's better be sure all 4 are the same.)

Once you got the 4 modules, take out the original ones and just put in the 4 new one, as in the user manual. Check if Windows recognized it. That's it.

BTW, new price: 1470 GBP.

6. zsero

zsero Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    New price, 1460 GBP.

Also, here is a screenshot showing Windows correctly recognizing all the 32 GB RAM.
    The WEI score (7.1) was run on an SSD.

[​IMG]

7. brittain.d

brittain.d Newbie

Reputations:
    Will you ship to the United States (on the east coast)?

8. zsero

zsero Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Originally I was not planning on shipping outside the EU for paperwork and possible complications. Also, I don't think it's worth shipping anything from EU to US as everything is cheaper there.

On the other hand if this machine doesn't sell in EU for some more time, I'll consider international shipping.

9. Rishwin

Rishwin Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Just a note that the accidental warranty is NOT transferable across countries. This means that regardless of how much you paid for your "accidental cover" warranty and how long ago it was, the moment it gets an ownership transfer to another country, you lose the complete care and it drops down to the regular warranty.

TLDR; If it has Accidental warranty cover, only do local sale.

10. zsero

zsero Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Do you realize it's a HP machine?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.